Time between I-751 Processing Date and Interview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time between I-751 Processing Date and Interview

Anyone know how long it is between the I-751 processing date and the interview (in case of divore) ? Is it immediate ? A month ? 6 months ?

Anyone know how long it is between the I-751 processing date and the interview (in case of divore) ? Is it immediate ? A month ? 6 months ?

Comment

On our receipt it said at least 11 months to process. It actualy took 18 months to get the interview from the time we filed.

Comment

So 7 months after it was processed ?

Comment

Now Michael you know this will all depend on what Service center you use. Cant just say 7 months/ 18 months. It will fowllow the timeline of the particular Serv. Center.

The interview will be decided when our file comes up for review. At that point they will send it to the local office and call for an interview.

Comment

Michael:

In addition to 4now comments, once the file is transfered to the local office for an interview another timeline starts...

Comment

Aguila

check mail

Comment

Well thats my question; what is the timeline ?

Comment

Well Michael

What is your service center and when did you file?

Comment

SHE filed between December 2002 and March 2002 at Vermont; They are now doing December 2002. I sent a couple of letters to Vermont and to the NYC offices. Never heard a word. I even sent a letter to FBI before I understood the process. So I expect her file to be processed in the next three months and was wondering when her interview would be. I get monthly checks from her new husband paying off the lawsuits and was wondering what she will do if they bring up my letters.

Comment

I meant Dec 2002- February 2003; they are now on December 2002

Comment

As you know Vermont was previously running at 24 months and now appears to be back at 18-19 month timeline.

What makes you think your ex has filed for a waiver???? she very well may never have filed for it. If she is married now, she probably simply applied for AOS under new marriage. Any lawyer would have told her that. end of story.

Your letters to Vermont will all be in her file when the case comes up for review. And no you will never get a response from Vermont. Her file will go to the local office for review unless of course it has been closed due to withdrawal by her. If she has withdrawn her ap/751 petition. Of course her new 485 will be looked at more closely , but in the end she will get to stay most likely. sorry, but thats just the way it goes.

Comment

4now of course you are totally wrong. She MUST file an I-751. She can not simply remarry and get a new green card. If it were that easy, everyone would do it. If a person has attempted to get a green card through a fraudulant marriage, they are permanmently barred from ever getting a green card. I do believe she also believed that she could avoid the new I-751, however that is incorrect. I happen to know for a fact that she filed an I-751 and I strongly believe that they will revoke her card.

Comment

And don't forget 50 % of all NTC marriage based visas get rejected

Comment

Thats NYC

Comment

Working...
                              X