I-485 Adjustment of status

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 Adjustment of status

I filed I-130 for my spouse as an LPR about 3 years ago which is still pending. Can I file I-485(adjustment of status) along with other applications while I-130 is still pending. remember my spouse is out of status.

I will appreciate any reposne.

Thankyou.

I filed I-130 for my spouse as an LPR about 3 years ago which is still pending. Can I file I-485(adjustment of status) along with other applications while I-130 is still pending. remember my spouse is out of status.

I will appreciate any reposne.

Thankyou.

Comment

Yes, you can. Just include a copy of the receipt notice from your I-130 with your I-485 packet.
      Have a nice day

Comment

Thankyou Gluhbirne.

So i can file I-485 even though i am still LPR and there is no visa number available as yet and I-130 is still. Reason i am making sure is because i went through the instructions for I-485 and it does not mention anything for LPR, it does say that either the visa number has to be available or one has to be an immidiate relative.

Please advise

Comment

Sorry, I was assuming that you were a US citizen. If you are an LPR, then I don't believe that you can file the I-485 until a visa number becomes available. You will have to wait until either a number becomes available or you become a US citizen.
          Have a nice day

Comment

No problem. I thought so.
            One more question, its been more than 3 years, since I-130 is pending but it was filed in 2001, can i still apply for v visa.

Comment

You can always apply, but if you do, the V visa will be denied because you did not file the I-130 petition prior to December 21, 2000.

Comment

Working...
              X