I-130 question, please answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 question, please answer

I've posted some messages here about my approved I-129f , but the situation has changed. I'm in my country, fulfilling the 2-year residence requirement after a J1 visa in USA.
    The question is: How long does it take for an I-130 to get approved? The lady at the US Embassy told me that by the time I'm allowed to apply for a K3 visa the I-130 might get approved, that would be July 2006.

And another question: After I-130 is approved, what would be the steps to follow to come back to the States ? What type of visa should I apply for? I really need to get this clear.

Thanks a lot.

I've posted some messages here about my approved I-129f , but the situation has changed. I'm in my country, fulfilling the 2-year residence requirement after a J1 visa in USA.
    The question is: How long does it take for an I-130 to get approved? The lady at the US Embassy told me that by the time I'm allowed to apply for a K3 visa the I-130 might get approved, that would be July 2006.

And another question: After I-130 is approved, what would be the steps to follow to come back to the States ? What type of visa should I apply for? I really need to get this clear.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hi So_confused

Your husband filed I-130 a year ago and your service center is Texas, correct? Texas SC is now working on I-130 filed in March 2005. Don't panic, have you husband make an inquire to see what's going on.

Once your I-130 is approved (it doesn't expire), and you have fulfilled residence requirement, you'll go for IR-1 visa. You can read a lot about it at:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks, aneri. Good news that I-130 doesn't expire. My husband filed this on July 2004, but they have delayed the process because of a RFE, it's not like I'm in a hurry, I know I won't be able to leave my country for another year, but I wanted to know exactly how long it takes, I don't want to wait until the last moment to gather all the documents and delay this process one more time. It's really hard for me and my husband to live like that, especially for him,he has to cross the ocean to see me and leave all his stuff behind for few months,like job, family, but we'll make it.

I appreciate your answer, I'll check the website too.

Comment

Working...
        X