Asylum and I-485

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asylum and I-485

In the case an asylum case is pending ( court level)can I-130 and I-485 be filed together and do i have to have the I-130 approved first before I can file I-485? Does the judge need to decide on the asylum before the I-485 can be filed?
    Thanks for your help

In the case an asylum case is pending ( court level)can I-130 and I-485 be filed together and do i have to have the I-130 approved first before I can file I-485? Does the judge need to decide on the asylum before the I-485 can be filed?
    Thanks for your help

Comment

You should be able to apply both I-130 and I-485 at while you have a pending asylum case.

Comment

copper
        how do you get this information? Do you have any website or URL?

Comment

Because I know someone who had appealed his denied Asylum application and in the mean time he got married and files both forms.

Comment

once you filed asylum and dinot get interviewed by Asylum officer you can file I130 and 485 concurrently. if your case was interviewed by asylum officer and refered to immigration court then you should only file I130 and once its approved then file 1485 in court.( matter of jurisdiction)
            Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

Working...
              X