Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport question

Dear Friends,

Currently i am having H4 visa in my passport. My Passport expires on 29 July 2005. I am going to India in January 2005 and returning in Feb 2005. My question is that is it necessary to have atleast 6 months validity on your passport at U.S port of entry, since i will be having only 5 months validity in passport when i return to U.S in Feb.

Thanking you.

Dear Friends,

Currently i am having H4 visa in my passport. My Passport expires on 29 July 2005. I am going to India in January 2005 and returning in Feb 2005. My question is that is it necessary to have atleast 6 months validity on your passport at U.S port of entry, since i will be having only 5 months validity in passport when i return to U.S in Feb.

Thanking you.

Comment

Hi denali1 ,

I have heard of passport to be valid (not expired) when u file something with BCIS.... But as u know it can get as bad as u wouldn't even dream abt it at airport in India... well what I can suggest u... don't go to Bombay ... if possible go to Delhi ...coz in Bombay its worst than anything.... Other thing I don't know for sure but u might want to send ur passport to consulate of India over here and get it renewed ...they will give u a new passport and old one with cut corners and ur visa will be valid for the period it was mentioned for.... Good luck...others will give u more info abt it...Pasha

Comment

Working...
      X