help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

hello sir my questions is wat do i need to renew my green card.and if i have 10 years green card do i still need my wife to get a citizenship.please let me knw

hello sir my questions is wat do i need to renew my green card.and if i have 10 years green card do i still need my wife to get a citizenship.please let me knw

Comment

Hello Tuhin and welcome. I think you need to give a bit more information regarding you situation before members can answer your questions. How many years have you been a green card holder and how did you obtain it? Through marriage, sponsorship from a family member?

Comment

You renew your green card by filing Form I-90 with USCIS. You don't need your wife to get citizenship. However, if you obtained legal permanent residence by marriage and you are now divorced, USCIS will review that for fraud.

Comment

i have 2 years conditon green card.now i have problem with my wife.so now i wanna renew my green card.so wat do i need to renew my green card do i need anything from my wife.my secend questions is if i get 10 years green card so do i need any help to be a citizen from my wife.please let me help out.thank u

Comment

You need to prove to USCIS that your marriage was bona fide to remove the conditions from your green card. You should apply to remove conditions 3 months prior to the 2nd anniversary of the date your green card was issued.

Comment

my green card gonna be over august 8 2011 so when do i have to apply to renew my green card

Comment

Tuhin,

You can apply for removal of conditions on or after May 8, 2011.

Comment

can i apply recently like after 1 month

Comment

i have plan to renew my green card on february.i mean 6 month earilear.and my green cad is expairing on august.is there anyway it is possible.

Comment

Tuhin,

You are only allowed to apply for removal of conditions 3 months prior. If you apply 6 months prior, you will be wasting your time and money.

Comment

In addition, if you want to apply for your citizenship as fast as it possible by immigration law (three years after the issuance of your green card) you can do it only if you are still married

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tuhin:
                          i have plan to renew my green card on february.i mean 6 month earilear.and my green cad is expairing on august.is there anyway it is possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Tuhin

Please stop talking about "renewing" your greencard. You have a conditional card based on your marriage to usc spouse. You will have to file to "remove the conditions" on your current greencard. You can do this 90 days before the current card expires as Proud told you . The form you need to file is I-751 which must be jointly filed with your wife. You will send it to the service center along with proofs of bonafide marriage since your 1st uscis interview. You may or may not get another interview depending on the evidence that you submit with the I=751 form. Uscis will review and issue an approval and only then will you receive the 10 years card.

It sounds like you are having trouble in your marriage, and I suggest that you fix the problems real fast as you need her to submit the I-751 petition and remain married thru receiving the approval. If you seperate or divorce before the 2 year conditional marriage period, you will have to file by yourself the I-751 waiver . This is not an easy approval to get, and many are denied. All she needs to do is to start writing letters and screaming fraud, and you will have big time problems. I suggest flowers for starters

I suggest that you attend some counseling sessions to help keep your marriage in tact. You should not even be talking about citizenship at this point, because you are not even close to getting your permanent card.

Comment

Working...
                          X