No announcement yet.

Malaysia knows how to take care of employers of illegals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">davdah:
    Your over use / abuse / misuse of metaphors is getting irritating. Its one thing to have a discussion about oranges and market forces. But this constant barrage of near nonsense is getting boring. The connections are too thin between most of them to carry any real weight into the argument. Water, uneven surfaces, interplay of forces? It comes across like your trying to impress someone. Take off the toga, your not Aristotle. Besides a rationale is something worn by Bishops. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What irritates is groundless accusations and display of over-challenged emotions on your part (whatever mental state on your behalf may cause it).

Read my previous post and feel free to disagree in anyway you want, but don't try to turn it into personal altercation (I am not interested in picking a fight with loonies and won't respond to such comments from you in the future).

Have a great day.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Point of it is when you start throwing out the philosophy comments to the extent its done it really comes across as holier than thou. If it were once in a while its one thing but its all the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now please be consistent and prove your point.

How did my comment/reflection on basic principle of economics and/or comparing it to flow of water on uneven surface (invisible hand of Adam Smith to Newtonian force of gravity in Physics) come accross as "holier than thou"?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I saw what you were doing with RoughNeighbor. A clear baiting. Why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then I hope you saw this too:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally Posted by Rough Neighbor:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RationalE:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
      (Just teasing, enough of this). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And why is it that you always have to tease me?
      Isn't there anyone else more suitable for your purpose? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At this juncture, you're the MOST suitable yet. Have a great day! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And after all you are telling me "I saw what you were doing with RoughNeighbor. A clear baiting." And asking me "why?"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Some of your initial stuff was good.I liked the idea of including videos and pictures where appropriate. Key word 'appropriate'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for the compliment.
      And, btw, please tell me who, how, and when determines if one or another post is appropriate or not?

I know in most forums it's the function of moderators, but since we have none on this forum, who assumes their function/responsibility in lieu?
      You?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Several, including myself grabbed on to that. But too much spice in anything ruins it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See above.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Over challenged emotions? Uhhh no, I'm not beating my fists on a desk or breaking into a cold sweat. It takes a lot more than this to get to that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't care less if you decided to eat your key-board or challenged me to a duel with samurai sword.

What I said was that you won't get likewise responce from me to your aggressive provocations since "I am not interested in picking a fight with loonies" , nor any altercation whatsoever, and will simply ignore your comments if you come up with groundless accusations and display of over-challenged emotions in future.
      And I will keep my word, you will see.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think your reading into this too much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn't take too much 'reading into' to see your previous post for what it was.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Even the idea of an altercation. Probably too strong a word to use. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See above.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Looney? Was that the diagnosis you deprived me of in the prior post? I was hoping for something a little more profound. Oh well I'll settle for that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is not my job/specialty to perform profound psychological assessment of you or anyone else on this forum (though I once tried to help ProudUSC in his attempt to gain answer to his question , as to why he thinks I do what he himself actually does whenever he replies to my posts).

As to 'looney' , it simply means a person who is mad or foolish; lunatic (Longman Dictionary of American English).

Now, if you don't get a good laughter from all above, then you better take a good look at the mirror and try to figure what do you actually see there

I'm outta here now !

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This follows the above posting so I didn't bother quoting.

The holier than thou comment was in reference to your use of unnecessary metaphors. When they are used too much it says 'look at me, my writing is superior to yours' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quoting is easy so I will, to avoid confusion.

Basically, above means that you felt insecure in your writing abilities and it is my use of metaphors that caused it.

Hehehe, that sounds funny: davdah feels insecure about his writing because I use too many metaphors, ergo he has to resort to attacking me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The RoughNeighbor comment was in reference to the post 'RoughNeighbor and her Team'. That was your posting, wasn't it? You were looking at the wrong one with your comments. Soccor team picture here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what I posted. What you still miss though is timing.
        I posted "Rough Neighbor" thread after her statement that I was the MOST suitable target for her teasing.
        So I responded by posting a link to a certain song and hoped she would enjoy it.
        I leave it for you to post a picture this time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When I said appropriate I meant in keeping with the subject. As for moderation on this forum, I wouldn't have it. We all need to accept that if we say something someone may not like it. Be prepared to respond. An approiate metaphore. If you can't take the heat......... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since you are not a moderator of this site (nor do you own it), everything you say on this subject is irrelevant.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> If I ate my keyboard we couldn't have this fun now could we? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be more fun if you ate it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I wouldn't waste my time using a sword in a duel. The goal being to take out the enemy. I would use something different. Insert picture of tank here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tank, sword, duel, whatever.. in any event you are not my enemy, just a looney who wants me to play the music according to his tunes.
        But I refuse to play looney games with you because my goal is to be the voice of reason and logic here, not vice versa.
        Picture of tank would be unreasonable here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If its not your job or desire to make an assessment then don't lead into it and then back out at the last second when your called on something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I said it's not my job or specialty to make profound psychological assessments (I probably lack such ability, even if desired so).

But am certainly free to call you a looney -&gt; as a responce to your unprovoked verbal attack and name calling (davdah: "Your over use / abuse / misuse of metaphors is getting irritating..this constant barrage of near nonsense is getting boring. The connections are too thin between most of them to carry any real weight into the argument. Water, uneven surfaces, interplay of forces? It comes across like your trying to impress someone. Take off the toga, your not Aristotle. Besides a rationale is something worn by Bishops").

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you make a comment about someone having too much testosterone and they ask you to explain yourself, then do it.Don't walk away, thats dishonest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What more explanation you need?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just the same as I fully explained myself to the comments about metaphores and so forth. Now I say, get some testosterone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I take muscle milk

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Insert a picture of a bull here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do that

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It is not my job/specialty to perform profound psychological assessment of you or anyone else on this forum (though I once tried to help ProudUSC in his attempt to gain answer to his question , as to why he thinks I do what he himself actually does whenever he replies to my posts). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not doing it this time. Just pointing out that I do not have any testosterone, meaning you have my gender confused.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Muscle milk? I don't know if I want to know what that is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is said that perception is based on past experience

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It isn't about insecurities. How about comprehension of what I wrote. Hmm that sounds familiar. I spelled it all correctly so thats not it. Years back I took a contracts class. The law prof made a comment that I still remember to this day. He said, 'If you want to keep your client happy don't use obscure words. There is a reason they are obscure. There are better words to use. That and you don't want to come across like an arrogant s o b.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you feel better now?
            I am glad if you do.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You keep saying you won't reply. Yet here we are again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't say I won't reply to you, only that I would ignore certain type of comments from you (and you know that I do keep my word).

Have a good one

RationalE

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It is not my job/specialty to perform profound psychological assessment of you or anyone else on this forum (though I once tried to help ProudUSC in his attempt to gain answer to his question , as to why he thinks I do what he himself actually does whenever he replies to my posts). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not doing it this time. Just pointing out that I do not have any testosterone, meaning you have my gender confused. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ProudUSC, rue no longer, actually based on my own womanly instincts (that seldom fail), this poster is likewise confused with his/her own. He's too softy for me as a man, yet too bellicose to be a woman. Like an element in transition. Say mercury. A liquid metal. An amphoteric. An amalgam. A hybrid. Moreover, his/her chronological age can't be within the 18-80 range. He/she is surely only either beneath or beyond working age. His/her ideas are either too childish or too obsolescent. He/she could never be poor or in the middle-class, only either rich or very rich, because he/she could squander on this forum so much time and effort, hence money, like no other.

(Just my opinion - please treat with utmost respect).

Comment

First, I must say that I must have done something very good - to get all this broad attention from so many posters at once, and these posters are doing much to boost my rating on this board, for which I must thank them all

As to my being 'too soft' for a man or 'too bellicose' for a woman..
                No woman can ever be said to be too bellicose.

As to being perceived 'too soft' for a man, I would certainly prefer that to acting against my individual will and purpose under any circumstances.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Read my previous post and feel free to disagree in anyway you want, but don't try to turn it into personal altercation (I am not interested in picking a fight with loonies and won't respond to such comments from you in the future). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, RationalE, per the above excerpt from one of your posts, you are contradicting yourself.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Actually, RationalE, per the above excerpt from one of your posts, you are contradicting yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since I am a rational being it's obvious that I would never hesitate to contradict myself if it was in my interests, but that is not the case here

Excerpt you quoted was part of my reply to davdah, and in no way contradicts what I posted later.

Comment

Dav, thank you for completing the (hypo)thesis for me again. Bellicose may not be the more appropriate word to prove my point, but I chose between that and belligerent. Either one of these synonymous words may not be commonly descriptive of a woman, but I thought it did for my flair for rhetorics and general semantics. Likewise, teasing (the teasables) serves to lighten up the monotony of toil and daily grind. Anyway, RationalE seems to be okay with that too.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In ref to the muscle milk comment earlier. The name, not based on experience, has a g a y undertone to it. Then again, maybe that is their target market. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. That's your perception (davdah: "The name [Muscle Milk] has a g a y undertone to it").

2. It is said that perception is based on past experience (I am not saying it, reputable professionals in the field of psychology do).

3. Finally, it's a product to build muscle.

What matters?

a) That it serves the purpose (gives 32g of protein per serving) and
                        b) Is not as bad tasting as some other products of the same purpose.

The rest (g a y , l e s b i a n, Marsian and etc.) is irrelevant.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                          Without knowing what it is the name by anyones first or second thought would have that connotation.

My kids at one point bought stuff like that. Most of it you had to hold your nose to choke it down
                          Why is it so hard to make a specialty drink like that with some 'real' taste? It always had that chalky powder milk taste to it. Hideous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must be of very mature age, Sir, to have kids who "at one point bought stuff like that".
                          Perhaps considerably older than myself.
                          Should I known it beforehand, I would have never allowed myself the kind of familiarity with you that I did.
                          Apology owed to your seniority.

Regards,

RationalE

Comment

What a total waste of time.

This forum has become a slothful, selfish display of nonsense and a wasteland for ignorant, idol minds. Honestly, no time for wannabe junior philosophers, sounds to me like some serious mental problems and frankly, I won't waste my time anymore. Enjoy your vain repetitions and titilating convos, too bad, this forum once had substance.....

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">NHF:
                              What a total waste of time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please don't waste your time reading my posts - kindly add me to your ignore list

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This forum has become a slothful, selfish display of nonsense and a wasteland for ignorant, idol minds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are entitled to your opinion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Honestly, no time for wannabe junior philosophers, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hm, who is this in reference to?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">sounds to me like some serious mental problems and frankly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds the same to me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I won't waste my time anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please don't

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Enjoy your vain repetitions and titilating convos, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I certainly will enjoy my life.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> too bad, this forum once had substance.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like what you posted above?

Comment

To davdah:

Well, you must have had your kids very early

Sorry for OT, but IMHO looking younger than one's age has more to do with slower biological clock of an individual organism than anything else, including hereditary genetics.

My dad at 24 looked much older than his age.

I am his son, but I look so much younger than my age.
                                Not trying to avoid sun or wrinkles (yet everybody says I look 10 years younger than my age, God knows why).

In any event I don't think your recipe has much to do with how young you look.

Comment

Working...
                                X