Need lawyer in Virginia for I-751

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need lawyer in Virginia for I-751

Could somebody recommend a good and experienced immigration lawyer in Virginia? Might need to file I-751 waiver soon. Thanks.
    STEVE

Could somebody recommend a good and experienced immigration lawyer in Virginia? Might need to file I-751 waiver soon. Thanks.
    STEVE

Comment

Immigration law is federal, so you can have a lawyer in Hawaii if you wish.

However, I do not know any lawyers in VA. I just wanted to tell you that you don't need to get a lawyer in your own state to file immigration paperwork. In fact, you don't need a lawyer at all.

Comment

Although it is Federal Law, an attorney must be admitted to the state where he is working

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by STEVE28:
          Could somebody recommend a good and experienced immigration lawyer in Virginia? Might need to file I-751 waiver soon. Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Steve and welcome to the forum

Might? As in maybe I can file joint but maybe I have to file a waiver?

If you want to give us a brief history, we can probably help you.

You probably do not need a lawyer to file the 751 waiver. follow same instructions as the joint. If it is based on divorce, you will need the final divorce decree just to be able to file the 751waiver.

Save your money for the lawyer for when you are called for interview or if denied.

Comment

You do not need a lawyer to file I-751 or any immigration form.

Only criminals need lawyers.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ImmigrationPro:
              Immigration law is federal, so you can have a lawyer in Hawaii if you wish.

However, I do not know any lawyers in VA. I just wanted to tell you that you don't need to get a lawyer in your own state to file immigration paperwork. In fact, you don't need a lawyer at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WORST ADVICE I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!
              Not That Finding an Honest, Decent One Is Easy!
              The Paperwork Is Not Difficult If You "LIVE" Immigration Law!!!

Have Reserves Handy! $$$$$$$$$$$$

Metropolitan Washington and Virginia Is Not One of Those Places You Want To Take On Something Of Importance Like Yours Without Some Kind Of Representation, Even If Only To Gain The Information! . ILW Is A Good Place To Start.

The Immigration Marriage Fraud Amendments of 1986 (IMFA), Pub. L. 99-639 (November 10, 1986), were enacted to combat fraud perpetrated by aliens who marry only to obtain immigration benefits. The IMFA amended the Immigration and Nationality Act by adding a new section 216, which imposes an initial 2-year period of conditional residency on a person who acquired permanent resident status based on a recent marriage. Section 216 also provides a comprehensive procedure by which a conditional resident may have these conditions removed by filing a Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. Currently, a conditional resident who files a Form I-751 receives a Form I-797, Notice of Action, extending his or her status as a conditional resident for a 1-year period. This Form I-797 also advises the conditional resident that travel and employment are authorized for that 1-year period. Thus, conditional residents with expired Forms I-551, Permanent Resident Cards, may present their expired Form I-551 and their Form I-797 as evidence of their status in the United States. There is no guidance concerning what documentation may be given to a conditional resident who has received this 1-year extension, but whose Form I-751 has not yet been adjudicated. This memorandum provides that guidance.
              USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Working...
              X