Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About B1/B2

I did overstay my previous B2 I 94 card , because I waited the answer of my petition for an extension. Once I got the denied letter, 3 months later I left the country , but I did not leave the I-94 because it was not returned to me, but I have the boarding pass of my travel as proof that I came back to my country. So Am I still able to entry to EE.UU?

I did overstay my previous B2 I 94 card , because I waited the answer of my petition for an extension. Once I got the denied letter, 3 months later I left the country , but I did not leave the I-94 because it was not returned to me, but I have the boarding pass of my travel as proof that I came back to my country. So Am I still able to entry to EE.UU?

Comment

You did not overstay because you had to wait for the response to your application for extension, but because you failed to return to your home country for 3 months after you received the denial letter.
      Now you are facing a ban and will not be allowed to enter until the ban expires. When did you return to your home country? How long ago was it?

Comment

Thanks for the answer!
        I returned to my country on March 17 2004, 35 months ago

Comment

3 year ban, but you will need a new visa.

Comment

A new visa!!!!, but what happens if I travel next week, would the officer (at the port of entry) check my status and wouldnt let me in?

Comment

If you have an overstay on your record, your B-1/B-2 visa is automatically canceled. This means that you will require a new visa to enter the United States.

If you have not received a new B-1/B-2 visa from the United States Consulate, then you will automatically be denied entry.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Theone:
                3 year ban, but you will need a new visa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                How, the OP did not overstay for more than 180 days and less than a year. He overstayed by 3 months. This does not require a new visa nor a ban. It may be more difficult to get a new entry permit if the person has a multiple entry B1/B2 visa.
                "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by peruvian:
                  I did overstay my previous B2 I 94 card , because I waited the answer of my petition for an extension. Once I got the denied letter, 3 months later I left the country , but I did not leave the I-94 because it was not returned to me, but I have the boarding pass of my travel as proof that I came back to my country. So Am I still able to entry to EE.UU? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                  You should be able to reenter the US. I do not know where the 3 year ban is coming from by rhe other posters since you did not overstay more than 180 days. You will need to bring in the denial letter for the extension application and your plane ticket of when you departed. When you apply using DS-156, the form will ask you some important questions. In the interview, be prepared for some very poignant questions about your previous trip.
                  "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

polish girl Hudson

I would like to ask you what is the difference between the voluntary departure and the departure or removal which held by the authorities? thank you

Comment

sorry I mean to talk to polish girl and Hudson but my compter acted weired, sorry for typing the two names as one

Comment

Hudson: The OP will, indeed, require a new visa. I agree with you that an overstay of three months doesn't trigger a ban against reentry, and you will notice that I didn't state that it would do so. However, visas are automatically canceled upon overstay.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation