K3 filing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K3 filing

My friend Terese (a US citizen) recently married and filed an I-130 for her Uruguayan husband. He has two children also in Uruguay who she did not file for separately because she thought they would automatically be included in his filing since they are only 4 and 6 years old. I.e. She didn't realize that she had to complete an I-130 and other forms and pay the necessary fees for the children also. She then filed one I-129F for her husband thinking that this may solve her initial problem by allowing him and the children to come here together while his I-130 is processing. Once they all get here then she is planning on filing I-130 for the children.

Is this reasoning flawed in any way?

Are the children required to have I-130s filed in order to be considered in the I-129F that she filed?
    Did she have to file separate I-129Fs for each child?
    or if not separate I-129Fs, did she have to send in the biographic data forms for each person including the children?

My friend Terese (a US citizen) recently married and filed an I-130 for her Uruguayan husband. He has two children also in Uruguay who she did not file for separately because she thought they would automatically be included in his filing since they are only 4 and 6 years old. I.e. She didn't realize that she had to complete an I-130 and other forms and pay the necessary fees for the children also. She then filed one I-129F for her husband thinking that this may solve her initial problem by allowing him and the children to come here together while his I-130 is processing. Once they all get here then she is planning on filing I-130 for the children.

Is this reasoning flawed in any way?

Are the children required to have I-130s filed in order to be considered in the I-129F that she filed?
    Did she have to file separate I-129Fs for each child?
    or if not separate I-129Fs, did she have to send in the biographic data forms for each person including the children?

Comment

Working...
    X