PR to citizenship and marriege to visitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR to citizenship and marriege to visitor

I am visitor legal and going to marry a green card person who is here in us since 4 yers and 10 month so when that person will be able to file for citizenship and if i marry to her now then what will be my status

I am visitor legal and going to marry a green card person who is here in us since 4 yers and 10 month so when that person will be able to file for citizenship and if i marry to her now then what will be my status

Comment

she can file for her citizenship now, you will have to marry her and then she can file for you, but it is beter to wait until she becomes a citizen to file so that you will be in front of the line and in a year or so you will get your green card.even if you marry her now you will still be a visitor, and even if you fell out of status you can still stay here and adjust, but i will not tell you to break the law it is better for you to go to your country and wait and then return, but she should get her citinenship within a year and a half of filing depends on case loads,i hope everything works out, good luck.

Comment

Whatever status you have now. You need to keep status on your own.

Comment

How long has your fiance been a PR? 4 y 10m? If yes and she can meet other requirements like presence in US, than she can apply for citizenship now.

If you marry her now, your status will NOT change. It will change only when she becomes US citizen and petition for your adjustment of status (I-130 and I-485 forms) - well that would be the quickest way.

How long have you been in the US? Did the two you plan this marriage before you arrived?

Comment

3 answers at the same minute? must be some kind of record

Comment

yes we were planning before i will be here for 6 more months after extension

Comment

chah hal ahai sine, souto hai.

Comment

haa sin sutho hall hey

Comment

i want to know that she is in taxes how much time it will take to convert green card into passport if she apply for it now

Comment

sindhi, you did not answer: how long has your fiance been a PR? I know you said she's been in the US for 4 y 10m, but has she had her green card from the begining?

you also wrote "yes we were planning before", meaning the marriage? so, you used a visitor visa although you had an immigrant intent when you entered the US? Be careful how you proceed.

Where in Texas? Which local office?

Comment

she has PR for 2 and half year and in houston

Comment

One has to be a permanent resident for 5 years (minus 3 months) to be able to apply for citizenship (if not based on marriage, which I think is the case here). Your fiance has to wait for another aprox. 2 and one half years before she can even apply for citizenship!

Even if you do get married now, and she files I-130 on your behalf, that will not make your stay in the US legal after your tourist visa and extension expire.

Comment

its too much time

Comment

there is anyother option

Comment

Working...
                              X