Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another fraudster...

I have just found out that my husband might be *** or bisexual (looking for men and transsexuals on the internet for ***). I have recently found a proof that he had *** with one trans in the past when he already lived in my house. I did not know about his sexual orientation at the time of marriage, got him his conditional GC and now because we have two small kids the INS did not even request the second interview but sent him a letter saying that his application for removing conditions has been approved. I did hide this letter though. If I knew he has those kind of interests I would NEVER marry him and he probably knew this. Now I want a divorce, or even annulment. I want him to pay for this (3-5 thousands dollars as the lawyer told me) contested divorce, I don't want he ever gets close to the kids because I am afraid for their moral upbringing and their safety. Would INS do anything in this case or once he has kids he is in this country for good? I want to tell him that if he did not pay for this divorce I am going to call INS. Would they really do anything? I don't have this kind of money to pay to the lawyer for something my husband got me into (marriage),I told him long time ago that we don't need to marry to be together but because he lost his job due to his illegality he asked me to marry him for "we are living together anyways" Any advice would be appreciated.

I have just found out that my husband might be *** or bisexual (looking for men and transsexuals on the internet for ***). I have recently found a proof that he had *** with one trans in the past when he already lived in my house. I did not know about his sexual orientation at the time of marriage, got him his conditional GC and now because we have two small kids the INS did not even request the second interview but sent him a letter saying that his application for removing conditions has been approved. I did hide this letter though. If I knew he has those kind of interests I would NEVER marry him and he probably knew this. Now I want a divorce, or even annulment. I want him to pay for this (3-5 thousands dollars as the lawyer told me) contested divorce, I don't want he ever gets close to the kids because I am afraid for their moral upbringing and their safety. Would INS do anything in this case or once he has kids he is in this country for good? I want to tell him that if he did not pay for this divorce I am going to call INS. Would they really do anything? I don't have this kind of money to pay to the lawyer for something my husband got me into (marriage),I told him long time ago that we don't need to marry to be together but because he lost his job due to his illegality he asked me to marry him for "we are living together anyways" Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

noicotera,

First thing I'd do is stop going to bed with him. You could contract HIV or aids.

Why are you hiding the letter from him? When he becomes aware that he doesn't have to stay married to you he might want out. If it means that he has no problem being here in the U.S. now, MAYBE he will leave if you ask him. Do you think he might leave if you show the letter to him. Could he become angry/abusive because you've hidden it?

Your husband is not a sexual predator. He hasn't hurt your children in any manner as far as you know. That probably won't be a factor in divorce and he can still see the children. As long as he doesn't expose them to anything (computer web sites, illicit sexual behavior in front of them) then he is the father and sexual orientation may have no effect on them. It will be your explaining to them when they're old enough to understand.

INS, for what little I know, isn't going to do anything about his sexual orientation. Now, if you can speak to them and explain that you felt pressured into marrying him and claim the marriage to be fraudelent (a sham), they might take a listen. On national news there's an homosexual guy from Mexico that is probably going to be given asylum in the U.S. because of his claims of treatment in Mexico toward homosexuals. So, his sexual orientation won't be a factor. They'll just look at the marriage as to whether you can prove it a sham.

Would you really want your children to grow up and not see their father? Although you disaprove of his orientation, he still is their father. Is he a good father to them albeit he's homosexual? He can still be a good person and father.

I don't know what the results would be. I seriously doubt INS would charge you with fraud. They might monitor, or prohibit you from sponsoring another male. As far as he is concerned, well, I really don't know. He's already received his letter with conditions lifted. Other members are more cognizant than I about the immigration procedures.

I think I'd just find some legal counsel that's on a sliding-income scale. If you really wanted to leave you could get assistance from some of the "safe-place" shelters to provide housing and prohibit him from coming around you until the divorce. Just a thought.

At any rate, HIV testing is a must. It also has to be redone in plus or minus six months if you've recently had intercourse with the individual in the past few months.

I hope other members can assist with your INS-related questions.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation