Long awaited Greencard still not received- HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long awaited Greencard still not received- HELP

This question is directed to any who can help. You see, i am a EU DV2005 winner and have been to the States and back. I mistakenly gave a wrong address at the POE so my GC that was sent 3 weeks after my arrival in the US was sent back undelivered. But then I rectified the address and checking my case status online I can see that the document has been mailed since the 8 of July but I ( My cousin is suppose to recieve it and send it to me) still haven't received it yet. I am getting really worried cause its a bit strange that up till now we have not rec'd it. So last week I called the immagration and they told me to give it up to the 8 of august and if I still haven't received it by then, I should ring them then. What I want to know is if this is usual that it will take up to 30 days for the post office to deliver a Green card? Has anyone had the same experience? Please help cause I'm really desperate. All replies are welcome. Thanks

This question is directed to any who can help. You see, i am a EU DV2005 winner and have been to the States and back. I mistakenly gave a wrong address at the POE so my GC that was sent 3 weeks after my arrival in the US was sent back undelivered. But then I rectified the address and checking my case status online I can see that the document has been mailed since the 8 of July but I ( My cousin is suppose to recieve it and send it to me) still haven't received it yet. I am getting really worried cause its a bit strange that up till now we have not rec'd it. So last week I called the immagration and they told me to give it up to the 8 of august and if I still haven't received it by then, I should ring them then. What I want to know is if this is usual that it will take up to 30 days for the post office to deliver a Green card? Has anyone had the same experience? Please help cause I'm really desperate. All replies are welcome. Thanks

Comment

pls some one help me

Comment

I renewed my green card 2 years ago. It too I think between 3 and 5 days to be delivered after it processed.

US Mail should not take that long for anything. I just mailed my Naturalization application. I did mail it priority and mailed it from Alaska to Nebraska on a Friday and they received it on the Monday. Regular first class mail can take up to 10 business days but 30 is a bit extreme. Hopefully it isn't a case of the mailman not delivering it because you aren't listed on the mailbox. I doubt it though.

Good luck!

Comment

You can write directly to the service center that issued your green card. Mark the correspondence care of the PONDS Unit (Post Office non-deliverable unit). Any returned mail is sent to the PONDS unit where it remains for 6 months. After that time, it is destroyed.

If the card has already been sent, the PONDS unit will confirm that. If not, they will send it along.

Comment

Thanks sphyrapicus3. Do u happen to know POND's email address or postage address? Appreciate it

Comment

Working...
            X