Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concerning about the new surname i got in my passport

hi guys, i just want to ask question, this is what happen, i came here with K1 visa and marry my husband within 90 days, i lost my passport 2 weeks after our wedding together with the I-94 card, my husband still send all my papers to adjust my status fortunately before my passport and I-94 card went missing, i got a xerox copy of everything, so we still send all the papers and report them about the missing passport and request for my new I-94 card, now they send me the replacement of my I-94 card, and i went to philippine embassy to get a new passport, the philippine embassy issued me a new passport with a new surname, they put my husband surname which is ok for me, but should i report it to the department of homeland that i got my name change, because i am a little worried that on my aos interview and biometrics they will be conflict because of my new surname in my passport.
    chinita

hi guys, i just want to ask question, this is what happen, i came here with K1 visa and marry my husband within 90 days, i lost my passport 2 weeks after our wedding together with the I-94 card, my husband still send all my papers to adjust my status fortunately before my passport and I-94 card went missing, i got a xerox copy of everything, so we still send all the papers and report them about the missing passport and request for my new I-94 card, now they send me the replacement of my I-94 card, and i went to philippine embassy to get a new passport, the philippine embassy issued me a new passport with a new surname, they put my husband surname which is ok for me, but should i report it to the department of homeland that i got my name change, because i am a little worried that on my aos interview and biometrics they will be conflict because of my new surname in my passport.
    chinita

Comment

No, this will not be a problem. USCIS will understand that you're using your husband's last name, and they will most likely issue your green card in your new name when the time comes.

Comment

ok thanks for the relief:-)
        chinita

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
          No, this will not be a problem. USCIS will understand that you're using your husband's last name, and they will most likely issue your green card in your new name when the time comes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          I disagree. There is only one official name until it is changed officially. you cannot interchange your name on official documents as you please.

Comment

templar, if she got married then isnt that the official name change if she decided she was going to carry her new husbands surname? What did u fill out on the I485? The biometric form actually carries as well as ur maiden name ur married name anyway so why would it be a problem. My passport has my married name my driving license has my maiden name until my ssn comes thru so that i can change it. Its out of my hands so does that make it a problem... i dont think so.. the rest is the same. ANd.... unfortunately did get stopped by the police for speeding... oh how i miss the autobahns.... and he didnt find it a problem.. just that it was too complicated to give me a ticket.... whew...... so i really dont see it as a problem.... or is it and why????

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ntfd3:
              templar, if she got married then isnt that the official name change if she decided she was going to carry her new husbands surname? What did u fill out on the I485? The biometric form actually carries as well as ur maiden name ur married name anyway so why would it be a problem. My passport has my married name my driving license has my maiden name until my ssn comes thru so that i can change it. Its out of my hands so does that make it a problem... i dont think so.. the rest is the same. ANd.... unfortunately did get stopped by the police for speeding... oh how i miss the autobahns.... and he didnt find it a problem.. just that it was too complicated to give me a ticket.... whew...... so i really dont see it as a problem.... or is it and why???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              I would agree with Templar to some extent. However, it depends on the name being used on the I-485. If it is still using the maiden name, then the OP would need to contact USCIS and make an infopass appointment to change the name.

The OP probably made the name change with the passport from her country of origin.
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

hi guys, thanks. i really hope I'm not going to have any problem when the time comes (aos interview and biometrics) regarding of changing my surname.
                chinita

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed