Divorce conditional resident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce conditional resident

I am a US citizen. I sponsored my husband he now holds conditional resident status. Things arean't working out between him and I.

He seems to be totally different person after coming to USA. He wants me to quit my job whereas he himself doesn't have a job. He expects me to stay home. I am an educated woman and have a very decent job.

If I divorce him will he still qualifies to get his green card? I need some guidance as to what steps should I take. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am a US citizen. I sponsored my husband he now holds conditional resident status. Things arean't working out between him and I.

He seems to be totally different person after coming to USA. He wants me to quit my job whereas he himself doesn't have a job. He expects me to stay home. I am an educated woman and have a very decent job.

If I divorce him will he still qualifies to get his green card? I need some guidance as to what steps should I take. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

There are threads all over this site for the I-751. You might want to do a search, you'll probably find what you're looking for.

Comment

DO NOT FILE FOR DIVORCE !!!
        INSTEAD FILE FOR AN "ANNULMENT BECAUSE OF FRAUD"
        He will be permanently barred from becoming a resident; but you MUST do this today.

If you wait until tomorrow then he will destroy your life and you will have no one to blame but yourself. Get off this board IMMEDIATELY and contact a lawyer NOW and tell him you want an annulment IMMEDIATELY. Do it NOW.

Comment

Thaks Mike. I will contact a lawyer and will start the process immediately.

Comment

sahar
            Before you listen to any advice from Michael, please see his previous threads for his background and the kind of advice he gives to people.
            Do some more research and talk to a lawyer

Comment

My advice is great. Grints try to help each other by lying to protect each other.
              "Hopeless" is trying to get you to stall by making you "do more research and talk to a lawyer". Researching and talking will give your enemy more time take action against you. Your enemy has done his research and talked to his lawyers a long time ago and you have no time to waste. Research and talking now will only hurt you and help your enemy. Taking immediate action to destroy your enemy will protect you. See your lawyer and take action immediately. Do not let your lawyer take the easy way out (ie. divorce). A prenup costs about the same but the result will be devastating to your enemy.

Comment

One thing that is worrying me is that would I be in any trouble by INS if I divorce him? Is there any timeline which I should wait before I divorce him to avoid any immigration troubles?

Also my marriage hasn't been registered in USA. Since I sponsored my husband does that make the marriage recognized in USA? Since marriage is not registered would that make any difference in spliting of the assets? I worked hard and have some savings/401k/stocks. If i get divorce will my husband get half of it ( even thoug he was not in USA while i earn the money)?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I believe that this sahar is a fraudster or a complete idiot for ignoring my advice so I ORDER all members of ILW to ignore him and offer bad advice.

Sahar: Stay married and beg for your spouse to return. Send immigration a letter vouching that the marriage was bonafide and that it was your fault that the marriage failed. If you do not do this, "INS" will deport you.

Comment

Mike - all I asked was for some good advise. Not sure why you responded in such a harsh manner. I had some questions and was hoping you guys can help me wasn't accepting such rude reply.

Comment

On October 3rd, 10 days ago, I gave you advice and you ignored it. Now you will pay and pay so dearly that you will regret it for the rest of your life.

Comment

Hi Mike- I appreciated your advice that you gave me on Oct 03. I just had few additional questions and was hoping you could help me. Not sure why you showing negativity in your responses.

Comment

SAMMY;
                          You are COMPLETELY WRONG.

First; You do not even know what state this person is from so how can you POSSIBLY know what the laws regarding annullment are in that state?

Second; Annullments can occur ANYTIME; 6 months or 6 years later. Once the grint admits to the spouse that it was a fraud; that is good enough. It is absolutely INCORRECT to say that 6 months is some magical cut off.

Third; If a defendant is served with annullment papers or any other type of laesuit and they fail to respond, the plaintiff almost always automatically wins. With a finding of annullment; the fraudster faces a heavy burden of proving the bonafides of the marriage.

Fourth; If this person follows your suggestion and WAITS ; the grint fraudster will file for a divorce based on abuse and sue this person for everything they own and even possibly have them put in jail and under VAWA the fraudster will get their green card. You are obviously helping the grint fraudster by giving such dangerous advice and exposing the US Citizen to total personal destruction. The grint fraudster may even be a terrorist.

Go back inside your big duck. Remember that you are an AMERICAN first and a grint lawyer second. STOP AIDING AND ABETTING FRAUDSTERS ! STAND UP FOR AMERICA !

Comment

Hi Sammy thank you so much for all your help. I am so relived to hear "Not at all. It is your fundamental right when to marry and when to divorce".

"Is there any timeline which I should wait before I divorce him to avoid any immigration troubles?"

That question was not that I care about his immigration status or will care. I was just concerned that if there any timeline to divorce him. Maybe I didn't ask the question right.

But you already stated in your reply that there is no timeline for divorce.

Once again thanks for your help. I greatly appreciate it.

Comment

I hope and pray that the immigrant in this case has already filed for divorce based on your abuse and that a process server will be ringing your bell soon and you lose everything thanks to your own stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X