Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed on H1 Transfer

Hi,

I am having my H1 (without being stamped) and currently planning for H1 transfer, from Company A ==> NEW COMPANY B.

The NEW Company B told me - Once we get the Ref# (EAC/LIN/WAC), you can start working for our company.

1. Is that true?

2. Do we REALLY need to wait until H1 approval notice is received?

3. Are there any risks/problems for this approach?

This is very urgent for me to take a decision.

Thanks in advance.
    Micheal

Hi,

I am having my H1 (without being stamped) and currently planning for H1 transfer, from Company A ==> NEW COMPANY B.

The NEW Company B told me - Once we get the Ref# (EAC/LIN/WAC), you can start working for our company.

1. Is that true?

2. Do we REALLY need to wait until H1 approval notice is received?

3. Are there any risks/problems for this approach?

This is very urgent for me to take a decision.

Thanks in advance.
    Micheal

Comment

That is correct - as soon as the transfer applicaton is lodged and you get a EAC # you can work for the new company and travel (with the NOA and your visa in your passport). This occurred to me and I hit no snags.

Comment

Hi,

I have same question, could anyone give me some advice, if I transfer my H1B from Company A to company B,

1. Will I be counted within this year's cap?
        2. Can I file the petition as a full time job in Company B,
        and continue to get extension of H1B in companypart-time job?
        3. My 3-Year H1B will expire on Dec 15,2004, should I file H1B extension under company A first
        or should I just file new petition to transfer to Company B directly now in end of July?
        4. Should the new job in company B related to company A or can be different as long as my education and my
        working experience are related to the new job?
        5. If I continue to file my H1B in the company A, does INS check any info about the company background again?
        how detail?

Your advice is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X