Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130, Arrival in US, what next

Hi,
    My step-daugter finally arrived in New York on Friday from Indonesia after nearly 1 1/2 years of an i-130 process.

She told me she had been granted permanent residence and I took her word for it. I knew she had to go for an "interview" in jakarta.

However, when I examined her passport closely yesterday. She just had a US visa. it said at the bottom "when endorsed, this shows temporary evidence of a 1 year permanent residence". What does this mean?? The visa didn't seem to be endorsed because it wasn't stamped.

Should I be worrying about this? Where do I go from here? Quick Feedback appreciated.

KB

Hi,
    My step-daugter finally arrived in New York on Friday from Indonesia after nearly 1 1/2 years of an i-130 process.

She told me she had been granted permanent residence and I took her word for it. I knew she had to go for an "interview" in jakarta.

However, when I examined her passport closely yesterday. She just had a US visa. it said at the bottom "when endorsed, this shows temporary evidence of a 1 year permanent residence". What does this mean?? The visa didn't seem to be endorsed because it wasn't stamped.

Should I be worrying about this? Where do I go from here? Quick Feedback appreciated.

KB

Comment

1. Who filed INS Form I-130 for your step
      daughter?
      2. Did she received a brown envelope with the
      Immigration visa sheet attached to the
      envelope with her photo.
      3. Inspector at the port of entery do not stamp
      the visa in US.
      4. The Stamp should READ:
      US Immigration
      New York #
      date of arrival
      Admitted_________
      Until____________
      A #...................
      Processed for I-551 Temporary Evidence of lawful Admission for Permanent Residence valid untill_____________________
      Employment Authorized.

If this stamp has been endorsed then it is OK.
      You will have to wait 4-to 8 weeks to received her Green Card.

Comment

Working...
      X