Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing status to tourist

hi everyone,

had h1b for six years with a labor certification pending.
    recently got laid off, company did not continue labor certification.
    spoke to many lawyers who said that i need to leave US for 12 months before I can apply again for h1b. Problem is I have a 5-year-old daughter who is living with her non-immigrant mom in the US.

does anyone have experience with changing visa status and how much should i be paying my lawyer? he wants $2500 which seems outrageous to me?

thanks.

hi everyone,

had h1b for six years with a labor certification pending.
    recently got laid off, company did not continue labor certification.
    spoke to many lawyers who said that i need to leave US for 12 months before I can apply again for h1b. Problem is I have a 5-year-old daughter who is living with her non-immigrant mom in the US.

does anyone have experience with changing visa status and how much should i be paying my lawyer? he wants $2500 which seems outrageous to me?

thanks.

Comment

I don't think u can change your status to visitor visa while staying in USA... coz that hurts the definition of visitor visa...so I have no idea if ur lawyer told you abt that.... I think u better ask your lawyer what kinda visa category he can change for you...and do little research before paying him... good luck...Pasha

Comment

Working...
      X