Citizenship interview passed... then nothing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship interview passed... then nothing

On 04/27/2005, I passed my Citizenship interview in San Francisco USCIS office, however officer told me that "there was no FBI approval yet". He gave me N-652 where "B) A decision cannot be made about your application" was checked. He said waiting could take "two months but sometimes much longer".

On the bottom of N-652 I was advised about my right to request a hearing before the US district court if USCIS had not made a determination within 120 days of the date of my examination.

In late July, I received USCIS letter stating that my N-400 application "is still pending for completion of all necessary background checks" and thanking me "for your cooperation and patience". The letter was signed by District Director.

What should I do now? Should I try contacting FBI? If yes, what's best way of doing this? My fingeprinting was done in January 2005. Priority date 12/17/2004.

Or should I try InfoPass? Any other actions?

Please advise.

Thank you very much

On 04/27/2005, I passed my Citizenship interview in San Francisco USCIS office, however officer told me that "there was no FBI approval yet". He gave me N-652 where "B) A decision cannot be made about your application" was checked. He said waiting could take "two months but sometimes much longer".

On the bottom of N-652 I was advised about my right to request a hearing before the US district court if USCIS had not made a determination within 120 days of the date of my examination.

In late July, I received USCIS letter stating that my N-400 application "is still pending for completion of all necessary background checks" and thanking me "for your cooperation and patience". The letter was signed by District Director.

What should I do now? Should I try contacting FBI? If yes, what's best way of doing this? My fingeprinting was done in January 2005. Priority date 12/17/2004.

Or should I try InfoPass? Any other actions?

Please advise.

Thank you very much

Comment

Did you have any probelm begore with your background checks when you got the GC?

Comment

No, had no problems in getting GC, including those associated with backgoound checks

Comment

I know it doesn't help, but I think it was nice that USCIS sent you that letter. As far as I know, that's not a common practice...Says something about that USCIS office...

The background check now includes more database than a few years ago..Long delays are not uncommon ( you can read some posts here).

I hope people with similar experience will give you some good advice.

Comment

Go to your local representative/senator office and request an inquiry be made on your case. Those agency have to respond to a congressional inquiry.
            You can also contact the FBI to check your status at 202-324-2399. Thats for the GC name check though, I'm not sure what additional check might be performed at N400 level.

Comment

Thank you all who replied...

Many postings in this forum are about "FBI name check"... It seems quite possible that I am in the same situation.

Yesterday, I mailed FOIPA request to FBI (certified, return receipt). I used this form: http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.pdf.

I read somewhere that it is likely they will respond with the answer "No Record". If so, what should be done after that? Anything I can do while waiting for the answer from FBI?

Thank you

Comment

Working...
              X