Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on employment for F1s

dear all,
    If a F1 student, for medical reasons and under the permission of the international office, does not take any (0) classes, can he/she work part-time on campus during that semester?

Your help is appreciated.
    thanks.

dear all,
    If a F1 student, for medical reasons and under the permission of the international office, does not take any (0) classes, can he/she work part-time on campus during that semester?

Your help is appreciated.
    thanks.

Comment

Sick enough to cut classes, but able to work? you guys are really too much!

Comment

don't abuse the f1 status...it's a privilege, not a right.
        To get F1 status, you proved that you are able to finance yourself...work is not an option to make money, just a way to get experience

Comment

hey ,yes u can work on campus ,if u are sick show them prove of medical report and u will be fine .but don,t let them know u are working .they have forms for half load .God bless you

Comment

thanks for your answers to my question, Kalla, Andy and Dunkman.

What i really wanted to know was if a F1 student, for medical reasons and under the permission of the international office, does not take any (0) classes, can he/she work part-time on campus legally (i mean doing all the paper work, forms, etc. ) during that semester?

Your help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Please be as objective as possible. Thanks.

Comment

The better question will be what the International Office thinks of your supposed scenario. If they have no problem with it, then you should be OK. But logically, one can't help but ask the same question Kalla asked, and I'm sure the International Office will have similar thought in mind when they learned about this.

Comment

Working...
                X