How do I file for spouse & child?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I file for spouse & child?

I am a 55 year old Permanent Resident. I have a Husband & 17 year old child back in my home country. What are the steps that I need to do in order to get them here & how long does it take. Thank you very much.

I am a 55 year old Permanent Resident. I have a Husband & 17 year old child back in my home country. What are the steps that I need to do in order to get them here & how long does it take. Thank you very much.

Comment

First step is to file an I-130 Immediate Relative Petition.

myronmorales@hotmail.com

Comment

Mr Morales,
        Where have you been? Long time since you said something. You were always very invaluable legal help here. Please keep coming back.

Ricktude,
        Why dont you become US citizen then bring them over? I think you need to act fast about that 17 year old kid because after a certain age you wont be able to bring them under the preference category.

Comment

One way is to file for K-3 and K-4 for your 17 year old. http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/imm...marriage2.html

Comment

I became a Perm. Res through my daughter who is a US cit. I still have 2.5 years more to get 5 years as perm res. Is there any other avenue such as using my US cit daughter? My biggest concern is the 17 year old. Would a Student visa be possible?

Comment

Working...
            X