No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Now, are we surprised that someone from the HISPANIC caucus would "run from" HR 4437? I doubt he supported it in the first place, and I bet he supports a "temporary worker program" as well, particularly for Hispanics

Comment

Speaking of "speculation"--are you basing your comment that the House is "running away from 4437" on just Bonilla's comments? THAT'S an even bigger supposition than mine. He's still Hispanic, and I'm sure the marches did influence him, just as they influenced Americans who aren't Hispanic the opposite way. As for this country being "Hispanic", think again. "Hispanic" is an ethnicity and Hispanics intermarry with the rest of the population at quite high rates. Being "Hispanic" will likely come to mean as much as being "Italian" does these days (and there are probably far more people of Italian ancestry here than Hispanics, but we don't have a separate Census category for THEM.) As I have posted elsewhere, my "Hispanic" niece and nephews, all of whom were born here, do not speak Spanish and are all married to nonHispanics with kids who are all-American mutts. But say, for the sake of argument, that assimilation doesn't take place--would you really want to live in an "Hispanic" US? In a country as corrupt and lawless as say, Mexico? Would you really want to see re-created here what these people are leaving? People bring their values with them, and that doesn't go just for Hispanics. Also, if assimilation doesn't take place (i.e. people don't learn English) then you can bet that they and their kids will remain in poverty for several generations.

I respect human life, too, but I respect it more when it doesn't break our laws. And I can't help but wonder--if you "respect" human life, does that mean that the countries sending these "immigrants", most especially Mexico, DON'T?! By the way, I'm ARAB-American--does that mean you're going to be just as happy when you realize that many of the illegal aliens who would be legalized are Muslims? And that the values THEY bring with them do not generally include tolerance for other religions? And support the idea of a religious rather than a secular state?

Comment

I am a American and I support the Mexican people. For one they were here in the USA until the British took them to war and took the land from the Mexican people. Which was a lot of land and included states California, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas and Utah. Then went to war with the Native American Indians in South Dakota. So they have ever right to be here with no visa's. Just because we took force and stole the land from them what right does that give us to be here. Its all about money and power. Not for what is right. I do not see all that many people fighting about the immigration laws but white people. Who are immigrants them self. So Mexican have every right to be here and at least they want to work. They are not taking jobs from no one. If it was not for them our cities would not be rebuilt from the hurricanes. They work hard and long hours in the heat of the South when there more than enough jobs that have not been filled. Why should they have to learn English there a lot of American that can not speak English and are successful. American people got to greedy and lost hope and passion for human life. We should be lucky that we are here in America instead of worrying about the Mexican coming here to work. What crimes did we commit when we took this land from people already here. Did they run you out of here no! Mexican are not criminal for coming over here they were here before us.

Comment

If you're an American, Vriddle, then you sure don't share our respect for the rule of law. And at a guess, I'll bet you're of Mexican ancestry. The only Americans I've ever heard so vehement about Mexicans "rights" to be in this country without visas are "reconquistas" or people who are married to illegal aliens. In fact, you're a prime example of why we shouldn't extend amnesty to illegal aliens, no matter where they're from. It is AMERICANS who built this country, while Mexico frittered away the resources it has, including its people. It is MEXICO which does not provide jobs for its people, and expects America to pick up the tab for educating and providing medical care to its citizens that it wants to get rid of. Pretty picture, isn't it? As for learning English, well, let them continue to speak Spanish, and you'll condemn them to living in poverty here as well. And they weren't particularly successful, even in their own country, where they spoke the language, now were they? (And your use of English, including the double negative, indicates you aren't particularly well-educated or all that comfortable with the English language yourself.)

Comment

HE (REP. BONILLA) IS INFLUENCED BY MARCHERS BECAUSE MARCHERS ARE HISPANIC AND SO HE IS !!!

AMERICANS WHO ARE NOT HISPANICS ARE ANGERED AND OPPOSED TO MARCHERS !!!

ALIBAS' NIECES - WHO ARE HISPANICS - ARE ANGERED AND STRONGLY OPPOSED TO MARCHERS !!!
              THEY DISLIKE HISPANICS AND THEIR ****-CULTURE !!!

ME AND ALIBA RESPECT HUMAN LIFE, BUT WE RESPECT HUGE BRICK OVENS AND SMELL OF BURNING ****STERS EVEN MORE !!!

STATE OF MEXICO RESPECTS NONE OF IT'S CITIZENS - AND THAT'S WHAT ABOVE OF ALL INSPIRES MY PASSION TO BUILD HUGE BRICK OVENS FOR THOSE WHO ESCAPED FROM THERE !!!

99% OF MEXICANS ARE ETHNIC MOSLEMS AND THEIR RELIGION IS ARAB !!!

AT LEAST 400 OF MY RELATIVES ARE MEXICAN-AMERICANS OF MOSLEM ETHNICITY AND ARAB RELIGION !!!

I AM ALL FOR FAIRNESS AND EQUALITY WHEN IT COMES TO MY POSITION ON IMMIGRATION REFORM !!!

NO ****-WORKER AMNESTY EVER !!!
              WWW.FAIRUS.ORG FOREVER !!! :mad

Comment

Yes, LieMaster, silly me, to think that an Hispanic member of Congress isn't influenced by Hispanic marchers, even if they are illegal. Of course, Congress has an Hispanic Caucus just to deal with issues of interest to Hispanics, but hey, that doesn't mean anything. I was watching them on C-span a while ago, and they were, as you might guess, pushing for McCain-Kennedy, "earned legalization", and "comprehensive immigration reform"--i.e. amnesty and business as usual on the borders.

Comment

The only Americans I've ever heard so vehement about Mexicans "rights" to be in this country without visas are "reconquistas" or people who are married to illegal aliens.

Yes, Aliba, yes, Sens. Brownback, Dodd, Hagel, Specter, McCain, Kennedy and at least other 49 Senators who support the measure suggested by President Bush are ALL EITHER MARRIED TO ILLEGALS or else ARE HISPANICS THEMSELVES !!!
                  HOW COULD I NOT KNOW !!!

Comment

The "gentlemen" you list are not claiming that illegal aliens have a "right" to be in this country. In fact, they recognize that they don't by saying that illegal aliens should be eligible for amnesty. Forgiving someone for breaking the law is VERY DIFFERENT from saying that they had a right to do it in the first place. You might also note that the Senate bill still segregates the "guest workers" by how long they've been here--so being a "guest worker" is not even going to be a matter of "right" to these guys. [Please get any of the Congress people you mentioned above to say publicly what Vriddle did and see how long he/she remains in office. Get a few of them to say it, and the debate on amnesty will end right there.]

Comment

I am not Hispanic but my husband was Native American Indian Oglala Sioux from Pine Ridge South Dakota and my children are Native American. I am at work right now and typing in between calls so excuse my wording. Mexico does have problems of its own but that still doesn't give us the right to keep them out. There a lot of people who are American's that do not pay there medical or anything else so why you do not go after them? Every time I am at the doctor office I see a lot of Mexican paying cash for there services. Here in the South they want payment at time of visit or no doctor so not everyone not paying medical. I appreciate them cause the government did not help after the hurricanes or the insurance companies that we pay so much a month on our mortgage did not pay for the damages. So I would not have never got my home fixed if it was not for them not caring about the cost to fix it and still fixed my home so it would not get ruined. Also after hurricane Katrina Mexico sent help and there Military to help. Nobody else did and they were there faster than our own military! I learned in time of devastation from the storms how valued life is and the Mexican people and the Canadian's were awesome and work so hard for us. We went with no lights, water, etc. You learn real fast what we take for granted in everyday life. There so much more work to be done here and not enough help. It will not hurt to let the Mexican people be here we can do what the Native Americans do when hiring for open positions Native American have 1st priority then if Native American doesn't want the job then any American can take the position. We need to come up with a plan to help Mexico develop a stronger Nation since they are connect to the USA and maybe that can lead to jobs opening from America into Mexico also. We send so much money to other country that hate us and then when we have a natural disaster did they help us no. I am not married to a Mexican but anyone who wants to get married for love should be able to the bible states between a man and a women did not say visa need too. I just have passion for human rights and will stick up for someone if they are being mistreated. I did not watch the march I was at work. I speak English and would not try to change someone and I do know a lot of people who speak languages other than English and are not in poverty.

Comment

The "gentlemen" you list are not claiming that illegal aliens have a "right" to be in this country.
                        HEHEHE, WHAT A FOOL YOU ARE, ALIBA !

DON'T YOU RECOGNIZE THAT OUR FAIR FRIENDS FROM WWW.FAIRUS.ORG HAD SET UP "VRIDDLE31" AS A "STRAW-MAN" TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR YOU AND ME TO ATTACK PRO-****STERS POSITION ???!!!

OF COURSE WE ALSO HAVE DIAZ IN OUR POCKET, THAT D U M B A S S ****HEAD ****STER WHO JUST AS MUCH IS HELPING TO ADVANCE OUR FAIR AGENDA !

Comment

Who cares about being in office they do not care about you or me. Its all for the money and power. I am not trying to be in the office. A lot of people were not taught in school that the Mexican were here first with the Native Americans and I feel since they were here and have ties here they should not be treated as criminals. A lot of our Congress men commit crimes and do not pay the time in jail as someone who is not in the government some of them get off with a slap on the hand even for manslaughter. I do not break the laws but our government sure does a lot of the time so who are they to judge people when they can not walk a straight line. I like Bush and think he doing a great job but just cause I have a different views which I am title to that makes me Hispanic or have one in my pocket. I do not be little people either everyone comes in to this world naked with nothing and leaves this world with nothing so that doesn't make you better than me or anyone in this world. I will not say anything bad about no one like yourself. Calling names is so childish. Maybe one day something bad will happen to you and there will be nobody there for you and you will remember how hateful you were everything happens for a reason. Then you say maybe I should have been nice and try to put all my negative remarks to a good solution for all people.

Comment

Vriddle--What a lot of people ARE taught in school here is that Spanish conquistadors fought and conquered the Native Americans here in North America, and in Mexico and Latin America. "Mexicans" are NOT the first settlers of what is now the United States--Native Americans are, or as close to it as we know in modern times.

If you think Bush is doing a "great job", then you're with the minority of the U.S. who does. And since you're talking about how little "things" matter, then just why do illegal aliens come here if not for "things"?

As for bad things happening to me, well, plenty of bad things have happened to other Americans at the hands of illegal aliens: rape, murders, and the like. "Being better" than anyone else in this world is not the issue for controlling immigration. The welfare of Americans is. In fact, it's illegal aliens who think they're "better" than anyone else in thinking that laws don't apply to them.

Comment

Of course I realize it, LieMaster, or E, or vriddle, or whatever names you choose to use today. I just happen to feel like venting today, after Bush's speech, and am enjoying the opportunity to do so. I've refrained from responding to a number of your posts over the past several days because I didn't feel like being bothered.

Comment

Working...
                              X