Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYC AOS MARRIAGE-BASED PETITION ... count yourself in!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC AOS MARRIAGE-BASED PETITION ... count yourself in!

Hi guys,

I would like to know any NYC marriage-based AOS. This will help us know where we are at the moment. Thanks

filed 1-485 (married to USC) June 2002
    Fingerprinted January 22, 2002
    Interview date ------ waiting

Hi guys,

I would like to know any NYC marriage-based AOS. This will help us know where we are at the moment. Thanks

Fingerprinted January 22, 2002
    Interview date ------ waiting

Comment

Pau,
      What is your priority date?

Comment

Where you are??? Waiting for an interview that's where you are.

Comment

Today I was told at Brooklyn ASC that it will take around 6 months to get an interview for I-485 once Fingerprinting and Biometrics done.

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you, Vivek, but the people at the Brooklyn ASC do not have access to that information. They can't tell you how long it will take and aren't supposed to answer those kinds of questions because they don't have information. Most of them are contract employees who are only paid to take the prints and do the transmittal (no CIS knowledge at all).

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, however we did not ask anything to person who did fingerprints for my mother, he was the one informed us that within next six months we will hear for final interview. Once again Thanks for sharing vital information. Happy Easter.

Comment

kalla,

sorry, some typo.
                Fingerprinted January 22, 2004.
                Priority date for I-485 is June 2002.
                Hoping i can get an interview letter before June (that will be 2 years)!!!

Comment

Strange how it works with the USCIS..maybe you are so special that your file require some kind of prolonged treatment.
                  Good luck , I will assume that youwill hear from USCIS soon!

Comment

Married on April 16, 2003 (I had a K-1 visa).
                    Filed on June 7, 2003 at NYC but my case was forwarded to Missouri.
                    Fingerprinted on November 6, 2004.
                    Received interview letter on May 13, 2004.
                    My interview is scheduled for July 8, 2004 at the NY sub-district office at Garden City, Long Island. I am not going though because my husband is on work training (he is a federal officer). We sent all documentation proving why we can not go and also a change of address for. We asked NYC to transfer our case to our new district office and let them re-schedule the intervie. Hope everything works weel.

Comment

Typo: Fingerprinted on November 6, 2003.

And it is "well"not "weel".

Comment

married to usc on oct 2000
                        file i 130 on 2001
                        file i 485,i 765 on march 2003
                        got first EAD on Aug 2003
                        fingerprinted April 29/2004
                        biometric for second EAD on April 29/2004
                        Received second EAD on June 2004

Still waiting for interview letter

Comment

Just had my AOS interview last Thursday at NYC District Office. Marriage-based petition.
                          Timeline: Receipt date: March 8, 2002
                          EAD: renewed twice, last one was going to expire in September, 2004
                          Fingerprint: Feb. 12, 2004
                          NOA for interview received May 7.

Hope you get your NOA soon. Check processing times for district offices at www.shusterman.com

Comment

leem,
                            did you get your stamp on the passport after the interview

Comment

Andy, yes, my passport got stamped. Interview lasted only 5 minutes, and the DAO didn't even ask us a lot of questions. She was looking at our wedding pictures the whole time, and at the end, she finally asked for our joint financial statements. Strangely, she didn't ask for the affidavit of support, which I thought was one of the required documents. Guess the joint financial statements was enough proof of our financial security.

Comment

Working...
                              X