Very Important Question about Divorce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Important Question about Divorce

One of my best friends married a woman from Greece in November of 04. He is not happy and wants a divorce. He told her he wants a divorce, mind you she has not gotten her immigration papers yet. They havent been married for 1 year yet. He went and got legal advice and they said that if she doesnt sign the divorce papers that it basically isnt going to be good for him? Is this true? Does she have to sign divorce papers or can he file for divorce and it go through without her signature? And if they do does she get deported? Thank You!!!

One of my best friends married a woman from Greece in November of 04. He is not happy and wants a divorce. He told her he wants a divorce, mind you she has not gotten her immigration papers yet. They havent been married for 1 year yet. He went and got legal advice and they said that if she doesnt sign the divorce papers that it basically isnt going to be good for him? Is this true? Does she have to sign divorce papers or can he file for divorce and it go through without her signature? And if they do does she get deported? Thank You!!!

Comment

Divorce laws are different from state to state. It would be usefull if you share which state they live in.
      Do you know on which visa wife entered the US?

Comment

We live in New Jersey. Umm... I'm not quite sure I think one of the things she is applying for is I-130?? The papers are already in process, but she hasnt offically been legal yet. Thank You! : )

Comment

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with this?? haha, im stressing here.. haha

Comment

I have an odd question.

Is it important that she gets deported?

If so, why?

(no offense meant. Very curious)
            Illegitimati non carborundum

Comment

Kind of. Because her, her brother and sister in-law are here, and I think they have something planned on why she married him. I think she cares about him alot, but I dont think she is married to him just because she loved him. They only knew each other for 2mths before they got married. Dont know how you can love someone in 2mths, and really know them? Her brother is here illegaly too.

Comment

Zeta6250,

Give us a break. Go get a life. People who marry foreigners and then spend their time whinning about the true intent of the marriage make me sick. What if the foreigners wonder themselve about the true intent of their american spouses?

Comment

Zeta6250:

I got bad news for your friend. NJ Divorce laws are not that flexible and the requirement to get a no-faul divorce REQUIRES an 18 MONTH SEPARATION.

Comment

I know NJ laws arent flexible when it comes to divorce. But does he have to get a no-fault divorce? Cant he just get a divorce or that will be bad for him? Thanks for your help Aguila!

Comment

Excuse me, Im sorry but you dont marry a U.S. Citizen after two months for true intent to marry!

Comment

If the divorce is based upon grounds, a divorce can be granted as soon as the parties agree to the terms for the division of property and other issues affecting any children. If a settlement agreement is reached, a divorce can be granted within about a month after filing.

NJ Grounds include, abandonment, sexual deviancy, adultery, habitual drunkenness (12 months) or addiction, extreme physical or mental cruelty, mental institutionalization (24 months) or incarceration (18months).
                        The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Excuse me, Im sorry but you dont marry a U.S. Citizen after two months for true intent to marry!

Well, if that were the case, your best friend would have some 'splaining to do, too!
                          The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Yup, I agree!

Comment

Zeta6250,

Your friend was not tied up when he got married.He took advantage of the innocent girl from greece. Not that he has gotten what he wanted, he wants to get out. Of course, now it makes sense that you dont marry someone that you met just 2 months. How come he did not realize that before the marriage? Uh, lets me guess, he was driven by his animal instinct? If I were you, I would be fair and be honest with my friend. I would tell him, dude dont B.S with me. You married this girl because she was accessible and now you are affraid that she might run away once she gets her paper. Since you intentionally chose to use her need to conquer her, make sure you invent another need after she gets her G.C. That way you will keep deceiving yourself and dive into a web of necessity so that you can have someone in your life. It's just pathetic. If the only way you can conquer a girl is by using her need, you have gotten serious issues. There is no reason to be mean or to panic. Take responsibility for your actions, stop whinning and get a life. Lets her get her G.C. and then divorce. After that, hopefully you would have learned that you cannot get love by playing with people's need and hence you will look for someone who will love you for who you are. It's shameful and pathetic to hide yourself behind american flag to find love. There are people out there who will love you for who you are. You dont need to use your american citizenship to seduce them. If you tell this to your friend, you would help him alot. On the other hand, if you push him to divorce and deport the lady, you will be helping him deceive himself and instead of resolving his true issues, you will just be displacing it. And trust me, it will come back sooner or later and you will have to deal with it again since you are the deception helper.

But again, I am just an immaterialist african boy who believes that human beings can be happy without all the B.S we have created on this earth.

Peace.

Comment

Working...
                              X