Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI-B

Hi there,

Currently I am on H1-B, I have another three years before it expires. If I apply for greencard thhrough my company this or next year can I stay in US if my H1-B expires before I get my greencard. How long is the process if I apply GC through a company.

Hi there,

Currently I am on H1-B, I have another three years before it expires. If I apply for greencard thhrough my company this or next year can I stay in US if my H1-B expires before I get my greencard. How long is the process if I apply GC through a company.

Comment

I recommend you get started as soon as possible. At least file for the Labor certification, which has to go with your application. This often takes a loooooong time. Also, make sure you want to stay with your current employer. Because if you change employer, you have to start all over with the green card application. My advice would be to check processing times on this site of the USCIS.gov web site. Look under employment I 130 (or maybe it is I 140) and adjustment of status I 485 for the times.

Comment

Also (and before anything) check processing times at www.doleta.gov (Foreign Workers)

Comment

Working...
        X