Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• work permit

Hi friends,

I have applied for adjustment of status and so for the work permit. If i am right, its take about two to three months to get work permit. Now my problem is that i am going out for a month in that period of time and I am expecting to receive notice to go to the INS office to get work permit when i will be out of home. So my questions are:

1. is it neccessary to go to local INS office to collect work permit on specific date mention in notice?

2. What happend if i failed to go local INS office for work permit on date shown in notice?

Thanks friends.

Hi friends,

I have applied for adjustment of status and so for the work permit. If i am right, its take about two to three months to get work permit. Now my problem is that i am going out for a month in that period of time and I am expecting to receive notice to go to the INS office to get work permit when i will be out of home. So my questions are:

1. is it neccessary to go to local INS office to collect work permit on specific date mention in notice?

2. What happend if i failed to go local INS office for work permit on date shown in notice?

Thanks friends.

Comment

I hope you are not leaving the country without an advance parole.

Comment

i'm not going out of usa i'm just travelling within usa but i will be out of home.

Comment

Okay, if you miss your appointment your EAD could be denied.

Comment

The sad part is you have a small window from the day you receive your EAD notice and actual EAD interview date. Approximately 7 days(At least in Maryland). I know you can reschedule it but not when can't get your mail. Probably your attorney can do the recheduling (if needed) for you.

Comment

Working...
            X