Dv Lottery Winner: Adjust Status Processing Times

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDI, it all depends on what your number begins with. Check out the DV-2007 processing times table in the October Visa Bulletin and it will tell you what numbers may apply this month. If its not your turn - don't apply! I did and i basically threw $395 down the drain...

Comment

yeah! I am waiting for my # to become current but my wuestion is: how long will AOS take? Will it be done before sept 30, 2007? If AOS takes longer than that, then I am screwed.

Comment

Try to estimate when you think your # will be called. 6000+ doesn't seem so bad if you're from Europe or Africa. If so, you stand a good chance of adjusting your status within the deadline rather than consular processing. I say try to do AOS AS SOON AS your # becomes current. Good luck!

Comment

Great information. I have some questions please:
          What does AOS mean?
          My number in less than 800 for 2007 and the rep in the DV told me that is always better to go to your own country to make the process faster, and you have no risk with all the INS pills of worj within U.S.
          I live in US and I have H1B visa. What is the best thing to do with the number I have? To go to my country for the interview or stay here and do everything here?
          I already sent the first answer to the Kentucky office and I chose to go to the embassy in my country, can I change it? They said I will receive a letter with all the documents and
          all the exams I should pass before the interview. Any info will help
          Thanks

Comment

SGO,
            I am fro asia. My # is 69xx. What should I do? I flled in forn DS422 (reply to first notifiation) with request to do CP. Can I change it now? should I change it?

Please help me out here. I don't wanna lose this oppurtunity to get GC.

Comment

odg,

you # is less than 800, you should ave your passprt stamped from your coutry CP by now. If you haven't received your second letter with interview date yet, I suggest you to cal KCC and find out.

Comment

odg,
                AOS = Adjustment of Status (Form I-485)

Comment

Udi,

If you already requested the CP then you already started the ball rolling. I suggest you stick with CP. Don't worry, think positive thoughts! You ARE NOT going to lose your opportunity for the GC. Good luck!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by odg:
                    My number in less than 800 for 2007 and the rep in the DV told me that is always better to go to your own country to make the process faster, and you have no risk with all the INS pills of worj within U.S.
                    I live in US and I have H1B visa. What is the best thing to do with the number I have? To go to my country for the interview or stay here and do everything here?
                    I already sent the first answer to the Kentucky office and I chose to go to the embassy in my country, can I change it? They said I will receive a letter with all the documents and
                    all the exams I should pass before the interview. Any info will help
                    Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you already requested Consular Processing I suggest you stick with it. Don't confuse the situation by trying to change your mind now.

Comment

hello write me and answer my question please to ayompesa@yahoo.fr im a pastor, does this profession qualifies for dv visa thru work experience?
                      lentini

Comment

please i need hyelp, with prfession as pastor, are my qualify thru work experience?
                        will my second letter come? my number is between 1500
                        lentini

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs