Immigration Law Question: IRS Tax question on Sponsor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: IRS Tax question on Sponsor

I'm a US Citizen. I'm preparing my application to sponsor my wife to come to usa.I also have a child who was born recently and became a US citizen by birth cause I'm a US citizen. That makes our family size three (3).For family size of three the minimum income requirement is $23,862 a year.

Immigration asks for last three years of tax returns to sponsor the spouse. I was not here in usa for last more than two years for being laid off and could not find a job here. For those two years my income in my home country is not sufficient enough to be close to $23,862 a year.So my tax file for last two years will show income less than minimum income requirement. The job I'm about to get here after coming back to usa will help me to make enough money to exceed $23,862 this year.

My question is, when immigration ask for last three years of tax filing, do they require me to have income more than the " minimum income requirement" for all these three years? Or they just care about the most recent year?

Thanks for your help.

I'm a US Citizen. I'm preparing my application to sponsor my wife to come to usa.I also have a child who was born recently and became a US citizen by birth cause I'm a US citizen. That makes our family size three (3).For family size of three the minimum income requirement is $23,862 a year.

Immigration asks for last three years of tax returns to sponsor the spouse. I was not here in usa for last more than two years for being laid off and could not find a job here. For those two years my income in my home country is not sufficient enough to be close to $23,862 a year.So my tax file for last two years will show income less than minimum income requirement. The job I'm about to get here after coming back to usa will help me to make enough money to exceed $23,862 this year.

My question is, when immigration ask for last three years of tax filing, do they require me to have income more than the " minimum income requirement" for all these three years? Or they just care about the most recent year?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by newday2008:

Thanks for your help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      Generally, USCIS is asking for the last three years to show whether or not if you are complying with the tax laws. If you did not file, then a letter of verification of non filing from the IRS would be sufficient.

If your circumstances are that your current income is insufficient for USCIS, then you may need a cosponor for your petition. If your current income is sufficient, then I would provide statements from your employer showing your current income.

Hope this helps.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Working...
      X