Under removal, what to do now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under removal, what to do now?

My sister filed for asylum and was denied back in 2006. The judge allowed her to appeal and since then we haven't heard anything from the lawyer. In 2008, she got married and her husband filed for her, the I-130 was approved and after she had her biometrics taken last year, we found out that she was under removal and that she couldn't get her green card.
    Only last week we learned that her appeal got dismissed, the lawyer that she had disbared and that she had to ask the immigration judge who denied her to reopen her case cause only him can adjust her status. The only issue is that she might get picked up and deported at anytime and especially if she goes back to court, what can i do to help her?

My sister filed for asylum and was denied back in 2006. The judge allowed her to appeal and since then we haven't heard anything from the lawyer. In 2008, she got married and her husband filed for her, the I-130 was approved and after she had her biometrics taken last year, we found out that she was under removal and that she couldn't get her green card.
    Only last week we learned that her appeal got dismissed, the lawyer that she had disbared and that she had to ask the immigration judge who denied her to reopen her case cause only him can adjust her status. The only issue is that she might get picked up and deported at anytime and especially if she goes back to court, what can i do to help her?

Comment

...buy her an airline ticket home!

Comment

if u don't have anything helpful to say, shut ur tail n stay away...

Comment

You can pay for her attorney or hide her from ICE.

Comment

a one way ticket, first class of course, paid by longlive 2000. Talk the talk...

Comment

or maybe she belong across the border, in which case a burro will suffice.

Comment

Here's the problem with that case. With an asylum you can't adjust status during the proceedings based on immediate family and if the BIA concurred and denied the appeal your next step is the circuit courts. However, the fact the attorney was disbarred may give you an opportunity to re-open based on ineffective counsel. But, and I might be wrong, regardless the outcome you may not be able to do a family based adjustment either way. It may come down to winning the asylum case or going home. It has to do with the timing of the marriage as it relates to the IJ's initial ruling.
                This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Comment

@ davdah, thank u very much, i appreciate it. That's what one of the lawyer we talked 2 said he could do,ask the judge to reopen the case n terminate it so her husband can go n refile for her or the judge can allow her to adjust her status in court. I guess that's the risk we gonna take.
                  @ federale86, lol,lol, that's also an option but she can't hide forever, she has a 9 months old son w her hubby, she needs to get her status fixed so she can finish school n take care of herself and her family.

Comment

dear longlive....First amendment....says we can say anything we want about your dirtbag sister...a true visa cheat ....who gives an ambercrumbly if she is deported.???I'll drive her to the nearest airport....and I'll bet her marriage is based on 'true love'....sure....the US of A does not need visa cheats and liars (which she clearly is since her phony asylum case failed)...we don't want lowlifes in MY country....I can't wait to read your next pathetic posting...no doubt you will 'order' me to stop posting my opinion....sorry...you lack that authority.

Comment

@someone12, Wow!!! Is it the 1st amendment that makes u sound so ignorant n ridiculous? All ur posts say the same ****, u r so limited, ur vocabulary is so narrow n I feel sorry 4 u... I can c u r such a sad n angry person, get some help...
                      4 ur info, my sister was raped n my dad killed by a bunch of stupid fanatics n u r just like them...she's not going anywhere n she's gonna her gc whether u like it or not!!!!

Comment

hey, longlive, our vocabulary is not limited, neither is our knowledge, but we lower our standards so that criminals like you can understand. About your sister, how much you want to bet that she'll be out of here?

Comment

no amnesty, u just proved my point cuz u n the other morons keep using words that u don't even know the meaning of...I don't bet w ignorants n she's here 2 stay!!!!

Comment

is there an interpreter in the house?

Comment

Anyone out there speak Third World Yayhoo English, like longlivedouchebag2000?
                              If your sister was raped, it was likely by a relative, hence, no asylum....your lies mean zippo to me....anyone can make up a story..bottom line, you and your entire remaining family are just lowlife liars and/or visa cheats...and no one gives a rat's behind about your sister's plight...hey, your goat is bleating....time to go and 'mount up.'

Comment

Working...
                              X