Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 year old step daughter

I know she is age out or what ever. What is the best way to get her here legally.

Wife of three years has a business and she has a 17 year old sister here too.

Suggestions?

I know she is age out or what ever. What is the best way to get her here legally.

Suggestions?

Comment

Education - She can apply to attend a post secondary institution.

Comment

Thanks we are working on that but is is a temporary thing.

Comment

You can divorce wife and then marry the step daughter; is she hot?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by colonel57106:

Suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wife is an LPR? She can petition her under second preference and then upgrade petition once a USC, to first preference

Overview of Immigration Process
            A legal immigrant (or "lawful permanent resident") is a foreign national who has been granted the privilege of living and working permanently in the United States. There is a three-step process for your child or son or daughter to become a legal immigrant.

You must obtain USCIS approval of an immigrant visa petition that you file for your child, son or daughter.
            The State Department must then give your son or daughter an immigrant visa number, even if he or she is already in the United States. If you are a U.S. citizen and the child is both under 21 years of age and unmarried, a visa number is not required.
            If your child or son or daughter is outside the United States, he or she will be notified to go to the local U.S. consulate to complete the processing for an immigrant visa when one becomes available. If your child or son or daughter is legally in the U.S. when an immigrant visa number becomes available (or if one is not required), he or she may apply to adjust status to that of a lawful permanent resident using the Form I-485.
            The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by colonel57106:
              Thanks we are working on that but is is a temporary thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              Actually, coming on a F or J visa may not be a bad suggestion. Once she finishes her degree, have your wife's company, assuming it is a corporation, S corp, or LLC, and petition her for the H visa, assuming she qualifies. This is probably the best solution in way of time frame. Not knowing her education and work experience, your wife's company could also petition forthe permenant employment visa, EB visa, or your step daughter could apply for the diversity lottery. If you follow Sappy's advice, this is also another viable step, but it may take longer depending on how quickly your wife can get the citizenship. The process is usually about a year or two after she files the N-400.
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Why not marry her and get her pregnant so you would be the father of your daughter and granddaughter; thats pretty hot

Comment

I think you have the idea. She has a degree in managment and nurseing. I have a friend that is considering training folks to run resturants and then help as a silent partner (capital)to start. It looks like a H visa I guess. Will need a lawyer to work that out -- are you available. Will be seeing the friend today. His wife is Russian and wants to start a business so this looks like a good solution for both of us. Wifes business is cleaning and is large but not the thing you would import managment trainees.

Comment

I think you have the idea. She has a degree in managment and nurseing. I have a friend that is considering training folks to run resturants and then help as a silent partner (capital)to start. It looks like a H visa I guess. Will need a lawyer to work that out -- are you available. Will be seeing the friend today. His wife is Russian and wants to start a business so this looks like a good solution for both of us. Wifes business is cleaning and is large but not the thing you would import managment trainees. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                    Best advice is the J visa or H visa given your stepdaughter's education background and possibly long term goals. I am not an immigration lawyer, but an enrolled agent (tax purposes). But good luck to you and your family.
                    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

The J and F visas require that she prove she will return to her country after studies instead of remaining in the US with her parents....and that will be an impossible task.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation