Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about computers-connection to wireless internet

Hey all,
    I want to access a wireless signal from my friend+neighbor next door but I dont know how; what tool can I install so my desktop can detect the signal? We both agree I should not be paying extra for internet, since he has a signal that my computer should be able to 'see'.My desktop computer needs some steroid to see the signal though, am not sure how to proceed.

Does anyone know?

Hey all,
    I want to access a wireless signal from my friend+neighbor next door but I dont know how; what tool can I install so my desktop can detect the signal? We both agree I should not be paying extra for internet, since he has a signal that my computer should be able to 'see'.My desktop computer needs some steroid to see the signal though, am not sure how to proceed.

Does anyone know?

Comment

What a ****sterhead !

Well, there are number of ways to do that.

Simplest of all is to walk to nearest BESTBUY and get the wireless equipment with required range of signal.

Comment

Geez I cant believe you are the first one to answer because your answers are always empty and uneducated.

Of course I know I can go to BB, but I want a better answer first before I make the trip, you dumbo.

Comment

****sterhead is a ****sterhead

Comment

what computer do you have?
            most of them already have wereless equipment.

or if you don't, then you just have to get a wireless PC card.

Comment

He won't get it

Comment

I'll help him

Comment

Good Luck !

Comment

couple of things; you need a wireless card and he needs to give ya the WEP code to get in. Good luck!

Comment

This is a desktop pc that did not come with a PC card. About the whole legality issue, the fact is that there are many wireless signals floating around and am not going to continue to pay for phone service just to get the internet, when theres a wireless signal around.

So does anyone know about virtual network adapters that are in essence software that you can download instead of manually installing a network interface card?

Comment

Dummy,you should always carefully read the Court decisions and know the law. Those have hundreds of newances, applicable in one particular case and not applicable in others.

Before you download anything, you dummy, make sure there is no standing Court ruling or specific law that you are violating.

****sterhead is a ****sterhead

Comment

How do you know all that supposedly, and yet you have never downloaded anything?

Can you also learn how to spell the word 'nuances'? At least you can say you learnt one word today (congratulations).

Comment

Spend some time in library amd drink some coffee in nice book stores.

You will know all you need to know.

[quote]..learn how to spell the word 'nuances'?..[quote]

Nah ! It would be utterly UNPRODUCTIVE for me to use my BRAIN POWER on learning the spelling of certain word I might use on this site some day.

Enough for me to know that in average it takes me fantastic few days or months at most to learn what others must toil for years to grasp..

In one word I AM A GENIUS AND HAPPY WITH IT - let the dummies like you worry about the spelling !

Comment

Working...
                            X