When Can you file N-400

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Can you file N-400

A friend arrived here in the US on Immigration Visa, had lived for 4 years I think he must wait for 5 years before he is qualified to file.
    Top of this he had moved to during this time to four states. What should he do now?

A friend arrived here in the US on Immigration Visa, had lived for 4 years I think he must wait for 5 years before he is qualified to file.
    Top of this he had moved to during this time to four states. What should he do now?

Comment

Adam

your friend... does have green card based on marriage or employment etc?

Comment

Yes he do have a Green Card for last 4 years, when ever he had worked paid his taxes as well during this time.

Comment

Your friend can file N-400 after 4 years and nine months from the date on his green card. Changing residences is not a problem. He should have lived in the State for 3 months where ever he is applying.

Comment

Thank you for your help. Do you know what paper work, will he need to file for his citizenship.
            Thank you.

Comment

1. He will need to Complete Form N-400
              2. Two most recent photographs (not older than 30 days)
              3. Copy of Green card (front and back)
              3. Money Order or Certified Check for $390 ($320 fee for naturalization and $70 for finterprints)
              4. Send the application to respective Service Center via certified mail
              5. He should apply after 4 years and nine months from the date on his green card.

hope above information is helpful.

Comment

Thank you guys: He filed I-130 for his two children, while they were Student in 2000.
                He received Notice of Action saying that this type of case takes ( Now 999 days) how long he will have to wait to get approval. Can he file for AOS for them they are above 21 years of age.
                Thank you again.

Comment

He needs to file:
                  N-400
                  copy of green card (front and back)
                  Two photos (green card style)
                  Fee $390.

Comment

Mr. Tak: I do understand that what you said in your posts 106.
                    My post 112 of June 20, 2004 do not ask for the Citizenship.
                    This is about his two children:
                    Who are in US as F-1 Student since 1997.
                    He has already file I-130, still waiting for the approval since 2000.
                    What should he do now to get the case moveing.
                    Hope I have cleared the position. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X