Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP ME WITH I-485 FORM

Hi,

I came here on tourist vista in 2001. Got married in 2008 with a citizen. There is a box on the form asing me for my USCIS status and expiration date. Obviously, it is past the expiration date. I have seen some posts here that advise to put "out of status" amd "none" for expirationdate. Is this the only way to classify this?

Also, next part application type is not really clear to me. I have never had any K-1 papers and none of other options really fit my case.

Do you think I will have a lot of problems with my case?? We are expecting a baby (due in october). Thanks for your help and any word of advice.

Hi,

I came here on tourist vista in 2001. Got married in 2008 with a citizen. There is a box on the form asing me for my USCIS status and expiration date. Obviously, it is past the expiration date. I have seen some posts here that advise to put "out of status" amd "none" for expirationdate. Is this the only way to classify this?

Also, next part application type is not really clear to me. I have never had any K-1 papers and none of other options really fit my case.

Do you think I will have a lot of problems with my case?? We are expecting a baby (due in october). Thanks for your help and any word of advice.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 2x4:
      Hi,

Do you think I will have a lot of problems with my case?? We are expecting a baby (due in october). Thanks for your help and any word of advice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, what do you think your status is?
      “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

Well, my status is "out of status". I kind of figured out this part.

But what about the second part of this application where they are asking me about the application type? option "b" looks the closest but what is this K-1 thing??

Comment

Thanks. Now Im going further and on the application for travel, they are asking me about "class of admission".They mean the visa class i had??
          Is this form (I-131) optional, if Im not planning on leaving the country before the case is over??

Comment

I think it would be "AoS Pending". BTW, don't use the I-131 (Advance Parole) because of your overstay. If you do, you're likely to be denied re-entry. Save the $$$ on filing it for something more useful instead
            "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Put in the response the date on your form I-94, the last day you were legal.

Comment

I'd just like to add (correct the inference in Sammy's post above) that you should not subit the I-131 since you have been out of status for that amount of time. In fact, it is not advisable to leave the country while your I-485 application is pending, with or without AP. Returning could trigger a bar.

Comment

Working...
                X