Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A simple question about immigration lawyers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple question about immigration lawyers.

Hi there, just a simple question. I recently got back from America where I was offered a sponsorship, but with all the complications with the procedure I think it would be in my best interest to find a lawyer when I go back on another waiver, my future employer also agrees this would be a good idea.

My question is this..... I have no idea how much an immigration lawyer will cost. How much did you pay for yours ? I know the prices will vary but I just need a rough estimate....right now I am flat broke and I am looking for ways to be able to afford a plane ticket back. I will be looking for a lawyer in North Georgia, just incase anyone knows of any.

Thanks for listening.

Hi there, just a simple question. I recently got back from America where I was offered a sponsorship, but with all the complications with the procedure I think it would be in my best interest to find a lawyer when I go back on another waiver, my future employer also agrees this would be a good idea.

My question is this..... I have no idea how much an immigration lawyer will cost. How much did you pay for yours ? I know the prices will vary but I just need a rough estimate....right now I am flat broke and I am looking for ways to be able to afford a plane ticket back. I will be looking for a lawyer in North Georgia, just incase anyone knows of any.

Thanks for listening.

Comment

the cost depends on what visa type you want to apply for.
      and almost every lawyer will offer a first consultation for free (some over the phone or by email also).
      also every lawyer will give you an estimate of the cost and - usually - a payment plan.
      you can find a lawyer over the search function here on ilw.com,
      Sabine

Comment

Thanks Sabine....I'm thinking of going for the I-140, but with it taking so long to be processed I am trying to see if I qualify for an I-129, while thats goes through, but my employer does not qualify for the filing fee exemtion I-129(w) so I am looking into qualifying for a H-3 trainee visa.

Comment

Hi,
          I was very fortunate for the company to pay for my visa, but I remember that a visa didn't cost that much. It was of course in 1991. I believe it was a couple of 100 us dollars. As for the greencard depending I was sponsored but paid for it and the total was 5000 us dollars in 1995.

Comment

Well if your trying to get a H1-B visa, well the INS fee are $1130. I would definately recommend an immigration attorney, and of course they are expensive! As on top of INS fees, the attorney may charge you a further $1000 plus any other expenses, such as federal express etc, etc. But the choice is up to you.

Good luck.

Comment

The most important thing when dealing with lawyers is to understand what you are getting yourself into. By that I mean don't be afraid to ask A LOT OF QUESTIONS about anything and everything about your case, especially when it comes to their fees!
              I exhausted my lawyer pretty much until he was blue in the face, but he took it well and understood simply because he needs me as much as I need him.
              If costs are a problem, lawyers will generally work a payment plan. Remember this: YOU are doing the hiring, not the lawyer. Stay away from a lawyer if all they want to talk about is money! Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
              X