AOS denied and headed home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS denied and headed home

After having attended the initial AOS interview, and revealing that my us citizen spouse and I are headed for divorce, I received 485 denial notice. The 130 was denied as well. My original status was F-1, with D/S, but now, I have nothing. I don't plan on appealing the denial.

I am headed back before I accrue unlawful presence. I will withdraw the 130 petition when I'm at the US embassy in my country.

While I'm in my homecountry, my recently naturalized parents will be sponsoring me instead. I read that the 130 for me will be approved based on family preference, but that my adjustment of status will be difficult. Is that true?

After having attended the initial AOS interview, and revealing that my us citizen spouse and I are headed for divorce, I received 485 denial notice. The 130 was denied as well. My original status was F-1, with D/S, but now, I have nothing. I don't plan on appealing the denial.

I am headed back before I accrue unlawful presence. I will withdraw the 130 petition when I'm at the US embassy in my country.

While I'm in my homecountry, my recently naturalized parents will be sponsoring me instead. I read that the 130 for me will be approved based on family preference, but that my adjustment of status will be difficult. Is that true?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goinghome2009:

While I'm in my homecountry, my recently naturalized parents will be sponsoring me instead. I read that their 130 will be approved, but that my adjustment of status will be difficult. Is that true? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does this have to do with Obama Impeachment?
      If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

Comment

AoS does nor come into it, you would enter with an immigrant visa.

Comment

Well, since you are getting divorced, the USCIS will look more closely at a new application for AOS using a different avenue. Better to apply for a visa, but then the DOS will also look closely at it as well.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goinghome2009:
            I will withdraw the 130 petition when I'm at the US embassy in my country. ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I-130 is not your petition, so you can't withdraw it either. Anyway, it was denied, so I don't see a point

While I'm in my homecountry, my recently naturalized parents will be sponsoring me instead. I read that the 130 for me will be approved based on family preference, but that my adjustment of status will be difficult. Is that true? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
            How old are you?
            Why would this adjustment of status (or getting visa like in your case) be difficult? You did not become your parents' daughter/son a few months back with the purpose to immigrate, did you? Right after your AOS based on marriage failed?! If you played by the rules so far, I don't see a problem...

You are just lucky to have more options...

Comment

Working...
            X