Upgradation of Petition from F2A Category to IR Category

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgradation of Petition from F2A Category to IR Category

My wife filed Immigration Petition( I-130) for me in 2000 in INDIA. At that time, she was permanent resident. My Priority date is Oct 2 for Petition. I came to US in January 2004 on V1 Visa under LIFE Act. I have got my EAD and Social security and I am working also. This month my Wife became a US Citizen. I want to upgrade my application from F2A to IR category. What is the procedure to change Category from F2A to IR.
    Is there any form to fill up a Form for upgradation or we have to start totally new with I-130. My concern is I should not get in a conflicting situtation with 2 seperate petitions under 2 different categories. Should I wait for earlier petition. OR Should I talk to NVC for upgrading. Do I have to pay all the fees again . What is the best method

My wife filed Immigration Petition( I-130) for me in 2000 in INDIA. At that time, she was permanent resident. My Priority date is Oct 2 for Petition. I came to US in January 2004 on V1 Visa under LIFE Act. I have got my EAD and Social security and I am working also. This month my Wife became a US Citizen. I want to upgrade my application from F2A to IR category. What is the procedure to change Category from F2A to IR.
    Is there any form to fill up a Form for upgradation or we have to start totally new with I-130. My concern is I should not get in a conflicting situtation with 2 seperate petitions under 2 different categories. Should I wait for earlier petition. OR Should I talk to NVC for upgrading. Do I have to pay all the fees again . What is the best method

Comment

Namaskar:
      Your wife should write a letter to the Immirgation Center who is handling your case.
      Informing them that she is a US Citizen and your case should be in the Preference Category IR-1 and not in F2A

Comment

And send a photocopy of her naturalization certificate and the I-130 filing receipt.

Comment

Namaskar to Adam and Old Man
          Should she write the letter to National Visa centre or the Local INS Office ( USCIS Office )
          Does she need to inform the US Embassy in India also. Is only a letter enough - or we need to also fill up the forms like - I 130 and Biographic Data . Thanks for your replies.

Comment

Working...
          X