F1 to Greencard (!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to Greencard (!)

1. I am in F1 (OPT) visa (dissertation yet to submit).
    3. A community college has just hired me for a 'professor' position after advertising at national level job magazine (the Chronicle of higher education)
    4. The concerned authority of the college told that I need to take the lead role as they do not have an expert person to take care of my immigration status matters. They would do whatever is required to get me permanent residency.
    5. Please tell me the process that leads me to the 'permanent residency' (greencard).

6. Do I need to have H1B first or I can start the greencard process at the same time? Do they need to get labor certification twice, once for the H1B and the other for the Greencard? or just once is okay? The advertisement was made 4 months ago.
    7. I learnt that there is a 'speical labor certification process' for professors. How can I benefit from it?

I would appreciate your sharing of your knowledge.

Thank you for your attention,
    Dihi

1. I am in F1 (OPT) visa (dissertation yet to submit).
    3. A community college has just hired me for a 'professor' position after advertising at national level job magazine (the Chronicle of higher education)
    4. The concerned authority of the college told that I need to take the lead role as they do not have an expert person to take care of my immigration status matters. They would do whatever is required to get me permanent residency.
    5. Please tell me the process that leads me to the 'permanent residency' (greencard).

6. Do I need to have H1B first or I can start the greencard process at the same time? Do they need to get labor certification twice, once for the H1B and the other for the Greencard? or just once is okay? The advertisement was made 4 months ago.
    7. I learnt that there is a 'speical labor certification process' for professors. How can I benefit from it?

I would appreciate your sharing of your knowledge.

Thank you for your attention,
    Dihi

Comment

hey, you have just hit a goldmine! Email me for further assistance if you want: nth9pole@yahoo.com

Yr choices are ( I would think):File H1b Immediately with exception for educational institutitons and everything follows from there.

I am in the same shoes, looking for an educational institution the is interested in me, I got two masters degree. Let me know if you need further assistance

Comment

Working...
      X