Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT HELP NEEDED ---PROBLEM in GETTING BACK to my COUNTRY..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT HELP NEEDED ---PROBLEM in GETTING BACK to my COUNTRY..

Hi,

Please help me out of this, I will be gratefull to anyone who helps me out,

My name is Ravi,I am a citizen of INDIA, I have come to the U.S. on Tourist Visa in
    January 2001.

I had to work here to support my stay, So i started to work in a gas station,
    While i was going to san antanio for a trip in 2005 i was caught by Immigration
    who did a usual check up of the bus,
    And they apprehended me, they asked me for my VISA which had experied in 2002.

So they took my passport and put me in removal proceedings.
    I was reporting 2 times in dallas, and after which i was given a court date to attend to,
    I attended 2 court sessions which were mere postpone of the case,

I was given a final court date on nov 2005.

Meanwhile i was informed by a friend that a similar Case like mine ended up in jail
    for 5 months and then deported to INDIA.

I feared that i will be put in jail for that long and didn't go for the court hearing,

I am 65 yrs now.
    I want to go to india, I just want to leave,I have no intentions to stay here.
    My VISA stamped passport is with the IMMIGRATION.
    Please let me know of a way to go to INDIA.

Hi,

My name is Ravi,I am a citizen of INDIA, I have come to the U.S. on Tourist Visa in
    January 2001.

I was reporting 2 times in dallas, and after which i was given a court date to attend to,

Meanwhile i was informed by a friend that a similar Case like mine ended up in jail

I feared that i will be put in jail for that long and didn't go for the court hearing,

I am 65 yrs now.
    Please let me know of a way to go to INDIA.

Comment

This sounds like a case for your embassy. Pretty sure your embassy has a consulate in TX somewhere. I know there is a large organization of Indians in TX that helps with this stuff. I'll try to find the url. I think your consulate would be able to issue something that would pass as id to get onto an airplane. But I doubt you'll ever get back into the US legally again.

Comment

Start here.

http://www.iant.org/

Comment

All you have to do is buy yourself a plane ticket and leave the US. immigration is not going to stop you from leaving, they are glad to see you go. it saves them the hassle of having to deport you, they will not stop you at the Airport and put you in jail and then deport you ,only if you committed a crime then i think it will happen, but if it is for only and overstay then you are already depted, so you are actually making it easy for them, so good luck on you new life, if you can make it here then you can make it anywhere, and at least it is your country that you are going back to.

Comment

I've never gotten on an airplane to a country that required a visa where the ticketing or customs folks did not check to see if I had a visa in my passport for my destination. If you can't prove you're an Indian citizen and India requires visas (I don't know if they do), then you'll have a hard time getting on the plane. You'll need a photo id regardless.

Comment

Book yourr ticket, I would have thought US Authorities would be glad to give you your passport back.

Otherwise get a Travel Document from the Indian Consulate.

Comment

what you forgot to mention was that you LIED to our immigration and embassy officials back in 2001...obviously you intended to work from the first moment we foolishly gave you a tourist visa..so please...leave....and I hope you enjoy your stay in some Indian jail....YOU are the reason so many LEGITIMATE folks from your country have difficulties getting tourist visas...because of visa cheats just like you. Bye now.

Comment

???? Why did you show them your passport if you knew the visa was expired ??? Tell them you don't have it.

Comment

If your passport was taken by immigration then your deportation officer has it in your file. They (immigration) are going to contact your country of origin to make sure thay they will accept you (I know it sounds funny but they do). If you are not given Voluntary Departure from the judge then you CAN NOT buy your own ticket back to your country of origin. You will be removed at the govts expense and that will be when they get around to doing it. (It might take longer now that the holidays are coming up)!

Comment

Thanks for your response,
                      I appreciate it,

One Passport which i came to USA has VISA stamping and experied in 2001----This passport is with the immigration.

My old passport expired in 1992.

I tried going to india , bought a ticket and went to airport on my old pasasport,

But the immigration put a CANCELLED stamp on my PASSPORT and didnt let me board the plane.

Please help me out through your VALUABLE suggestions.

Regards,
                      Ravi.

Comment

Nobody is put in jail for overstaying a visa, but if the alien is a danger to others or has committed some crime, then yes, jail is a possibility.

That said, the OP knew about the a "court date" and intentionally failed to appear; there was no waiver of appearance, no reason given other than a personal choice. Now, the OP wants people to help him leave.

I would warn others against posting here with advice on how to accomplish the goals the OP has in mind. Seriously.

There's a legal process involved here and nobody should try to obstruct it.

Comment

Hi,

I am a poor person who wants to get my family to good living by coming here and working hard.

Is working hard enough to sopport u and ur family wrong!!!!.

There are many things and many criminals who are to be set right.

pleases understand my case and have Mercy.

Regards,
                          Ravi.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by abhi:
                            Hi,

January 2001.

I am 65 yrs now.
                            Please let me know of a way to go to INDIA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                            You must have a valid Passport from India "Apply for a new Passport ASAP" it wont matter that there's no visa when leaving the U.S. When the new Passport is acquired and on hand, purchase the airline ticket and good bye...
                            "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." --Albert Einstein

Comment

Dear Abhi,
                              I agree with the Embassy route.
                              If you go to an Indian Embassy, they are there to help you. You will not be arrested. You will need to purchase your ticket first. The next step is to get 2 passport photos and make an appointment with the Embassy. If you are an Indian citizen, they need to confirm this, and this will take a few days, so bring as much documentation to the embassy with you for your appointment. International embassies in the US are here to help citizens of the home countries.
                              You will be requesting travel documents to India. Once the docs are issued, you will not have a problem leaving at the airport.

Comment

Working...
                              X