Torn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torn

Hey guys, I need some insight. What would happen if an immigrant visa (I-130) and a non-immigrant visa (K-3) came through at the same time? Since November '05 I requested my I-130 to be "upgraded" to U.S.Citizen, and up until this day, nothing has been done. My husband and I are wondering if I should just apply for the K-3 and see what happens. I have NO IDEA how long the K-3 will take. I don't know what to do, but all I know is that we're depressed and distressed over being apart and we want to be together ASAP.
    Thanks for your responses in advance.

Hey guys, I need some insight. What would happen if an immigrant visa (I-130) and a non-immigrant visa (K-3) came through at the same time? Since November '05 I requested my I-130 to be "upgraded" to U.S.Citizen, and up until this day, nothing has been done. My husband and I are wondering if I should just apply for the K-3 and see what happens. I have NO IDEA how long the K-3 will take. I don't know what to do, but all I know is that we're depressed and distressed over being apart and we want to be together ASAP.
    Thanks for your responses in advance.

Comment

I know someone that the I-130 was approved before the k-3 and they had to withdraw the k-3... then were to have interview for the I-130. Have you received notice that they received the request for upgrade? How long has it been?

Comment

"Still Learning" Thank u so much for responding. Well on Nov.3rd I called the Nat'l Customer Service # who said they'll take the Upgrade Request over the phone. They did, and then on Nov.8th I mailed a copy of my Naturalization Certificate to California which was delivered to them on Nov.10th. 2-weeks ago, I received a letter dated Dec.5th basically summarizing the info. I gave over the phone and at the bottom of the letter it said "In order to upgrade to USC you may send in a copy of your Naturalization Certificate". (Remember-I sent it on Nov.8th) Anyway, I sent it express and it was delivered on Jan.5th. Up until this day, I haven't seen any activity on my case on-line.

Comment

Working...
        X