Illegal Vacation Blues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal Vacation Blues

While on vacation in sunny Hawaii, having too much of a good time, I managed to get my self in a little trouble with the authorities. However, as I was leaving afew days later I didnt worry about it and returned home to Australia. I returned to Hawaii once last year with no hassels, but going to LA on another vacation they informed me that I had an arrest warrent and was denied entry! I hadn't given it another though until that moment, and now it is worrying me quite a bit. I retained a lawyer in Hawaii to handle the case who tells me that I need to physically go back to appear in court. It was not a serious matter and my lawyer says I will simply be fined - the maximum penalty is under 1 year, which i have been told makes a difference. Question is, am I allowed back into the USA to take care of this? If so, where can I find some information about how to go about applying for the right visa? Any help is greatly appreciated!

While on vacation in sunny Hawaii, having too much of a good time, I managed to get my self in a little trouble with the authorities. However, as I was leaving afew days later I didnt worry about it and returned home to Australia. I returned to Hawaii once last year with no hassels, but going to LA on another vacation they informed me that I had an arrest warrent and was denied entry! I hadn't given it another though until that moment, and now it is worrying me quite a bit. I retained a lawyer in Hawaii to handle the case who tells me that I need to physically go back to appear in court. It was not a serious matter and my lawyer says I will simply be fined - the maximum penalty is under 1 year, which i have been told makes a difference. Question is, am I allowed back into the USA to take care of this? If so, where can I find some information about how to go about applying for the right visa? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

what r u? a lpr?

if it's just some ****y misdemeanor. don't worry about it. if it's a felony or aggr. felony -- yeah worry about it. If you're just a toruist on a visa, worry more about overstays and other stuff then that.

-= nav =-

Comment

Working...
      X