N-400 interview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400 interview

After a gruelling interview, lady hands me N-652 with the following checked;

You passsed the History and Gov't test.
    You passed the english language test.
    USCIS will mail you a notice of the decision in the mail.
    Make sure to:
    notify USCIS of address changes
    attend any oath ceremony you are scheduled for

Where do I stand?

After a gruelling interview, lady hands me N-652 with the following checked;

You passsed the History and Gov't test.
    You passed the english language test.
    USCIS will mail you a notice of the decision in the mail.
    Make sure to:
    notify USCIS of address changes
    attend any oath ceremony you are scheduled for

Where do I stand?

Comment

Hey, congratulation - you've passed. Welcome new citizen. All the best.

Comment

Thanks for your kind words but perhaps I should have epxlained what I meant by "gruelling" interview.
        Story Married to the same US citizen for 6 years, my green card is good for 10 years. We just relocated so I could attend medical school and my initial interview was cancelled at my former city of residence and so my file was transferred to where I am now. The interview letter didnt mention for me to bring my spouse and so I went to the interview alone. After I passed the test, signed my pictures, interviewer gave me the N-652 and another paper (RFE) saying for me to return with my spouse the following day. No problemo,my wife is a nurse and she works for one of the largest hopsitals downtown so we returned but the immigration officer interviewed my spouse alone and basically just grilled her for almost 15 minutes asking the same questions over and over and over again. We went to the interview with all our documents but not once did she ask to see anything. My spouse later told me most of the questions were extremely inappropriate.
        I just smell a rat for some reason. Any thoughts?

Comment

Well, normally the USCIS does NOT ask you to come to the naturalization interview with your spouse. Add to this separate interview of your spouse and "extremely inappropriate" questions - it looks like they're looking for "marriage fraud". If you didn't do anything wrong there is nothing to be concerned about. You mention also that you've moved "recently". If you moved to another USCIS district you need to reside there for at least 3 month to be eligible for naturalization.

In any case, don't worry and wait for the decision. If it's unfavorable (denial) there are procedures to get your case before the immigration judge but I hope it won't come to that. I'm rooting for you. Good luck.

Comment

The same thing happened with me too.After almost 8 months of my first naturalization interiew(in the state of GA) i got another letter stating me and my USC spouse both need to be at the interview.And this was a stokes interview asking lots of inappropriate questions in separate rooms both of us.

Comment

Thanks verbalist. Hey deereyes_2007, what was the final disposition on your case?
              Also, I think I have an idea of what it means but I'll ask anyway, what does the "stokes" interview mean?

Comment

I passed the interview talking about the english,civic test etc.Then after 8 months i had this stokes interview which is they took our interview separately asking so many different questions (which i didn't have any problems at all).In the stokes interview you can expect any question of any type.

By the way you said you changed your address while N400 pending.Did you go to a different state and did it delay the processing time.As Verbalist said you need to be there 3 months before eligible, what does that mean.I just recently moved to a different state (from GA to FL) while my N400 still pending.

Comment

Wow, 8 months? You must be a very patient person, thats 240 days, 120 past the alloted time. Whatever happened to WOM? You know, when I think about it now, I must be the unluckiest person in the world, for lack of a better word. I actually relocated the same week they sent my interview letter at my former city and so I had to wait 90 days (just like verbalist said) before going for my interview last week. I didnt have any worries when she called my wife in to conduct the so called "stokes" interview, I guess I'm just pissed over the way it went. Isnt it supposed to be that when you're applying for the green card, the burden of proof is on you (the applicant) to prove to them that your marriage is indeed legit, now that I'm a permanent resident, married for 6 years, isnt the burden of proof supposed to shift roles? Guess I'm just troubled by the fact that I've worked so hard in this country to get to the point that I am now only for some power drunk immigration official to treat it all like dirt.

Comment

Actually it even worse.I'm talking about i had the second interview after 8 months of the first interview.So the second interview was after almost a year after i filed for N400.

Anyway question for Verbalist.At this stage as i moved to a different state (GA to FL) what gonna happen with my application.By the way just to add I lived FL before with my wife where i got my conditional card after which we moved to FL.

Comment

Well, smiley1, you're not the unluckiest person in the world. Friend of mine has waited for the immigration interview for 34 months. That's right almost three years! He wrote letters, visited the USCIS office - all to no avail. The reason for the delay was never disclosed. Nevertheless, in the end he got his citizenship without a hitch (not counting the delay). So, take heart - there are those who waited much longer.

Deereyes_2007 - I'm not sure I understand your question. Is your naturalization application pending? I'm asking because from your previous post I was under the impression that you've had your interview but it might have been your interview for removal of condition. If your application is still pending, you're supposed to notify the USCIS of the change of address and then they'll transfer your case to the appropriate office. By "transfer" I mean the physical transfer of the records and it can take a considerable time. I've read about the plan to totally computerize the records - that would be much faster. So, if you did notify the USCIS you don't have to do anything but wait and pray that they'll transfer your records fast. If you didn't, do it immediately because if they've sent you any correspondence to the old address and it's been returned - your application may be considered abandoned and therefore denied. And remember, the correspondence from USCIS DOES NOT get forwarded to your new address even if you requested forwarding at the post office. Good luck.

Comment

smiley1, Hate to burst your bubble it is obvious that the INS do not believe what you told them or what you put on paper so they will investigate further. I hope you told them the truth. This can take many many years for them to respond. God Is In Charge..Good Luck Speedy...

Comment

I already have my 751 approved(conditions removed).We were in FL at that time.Then we moved to GA for family reasons, where i applied for N400.Within just few months i had my interview and passed the test.I was told to wait for the decision of N400 in mail.We waited for the decision for a while , and almost 8 months we got another interview letter , this time asking for me and my USC wife both at the interview.We were interviewed separately.Anyway by this time we wanted to move back to FL for job reasons and we bought a house in FL.I changed the address with uscis.my question is does my file get transferred to FL at this stage? or even it does does my application need to wait 3 months for residency rule in the moving state even though i was a resident of FL before?

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm right but according to the instructions you have to be a USCIS district (not state) resident for three months at the time of the application. So, I would think that the same applies to the time between the application and the actual taking the citizenship oath. The residency, in common terms, means that you live permanently within the district. That means, that if you leave for vacation it doesn't count. However, if you move with the intention of leaving your place of residence permanently then you change your "residence" even if you later change your mind and move back. So, yes, I think if you move back to Florida, you have to start counting the three months from the time of your latest move. Good luck.

Comment

I appreciate your comments speedy, not only did I tell them the truth, my wife of six years is pregnant!, I mean, what else do they want? I apologise to all for venting my frustration but I think after this post I'll just let it go and wait like deereyes and verbalist have advised. I retained a well respected attorney yesterday, there is a stark difference between checking to see if something exists (i.e. your initial interview for a green card) and checking to see if something still exists (interview for N-400). If I had lied to the USCIS all long, how could they have been so dumb as to give me the green card not once, but twice! Not to brag or nothing but I am willing to fight them till my last day, always remember guys, its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog. Dont let them intimidate you, never.

Peace.

Comment

Working...
                              X