Conditional resident worries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional resident worries

Ok a little background info.: I am a conditional res and waiting to remove my conditions. My wife and I have now split up but are not divorced and not living together. We got married in good faith but split up due to personal differences as a mutual agreement. Do i need to hurry and get the divorce going or would it be better if we were still married when the time comes for my 2nd interview to remove conditions.

I also just recently picked up a ticket for tresspassing and must appear in court. If convicted will this affect my removal of conditions and do I need an imigration attorney of just a regular one fo this matter

Ok a little background info.: I am a conditional res and waiting to remove my conditions. My wife and I have now split up but are not divorced and not living together. We got married in good faith but split up due to personal differences as a mutual agreement. Do i need to hurry and get the divorce going or would it be better if we were still married when the time comes for my 2nd interview to remove conditions.

I also just recently picked up a ticket for tresspassing and must appear in court. If convicted will this affect my removal of conditions and do I need an imigration attorney of just a regular one fo this matter

Comment

Well you can remove your conditions yourself.
      Check out this page from the INS site:
      http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm

I don't know about the criminal conviction though.
      And usually they don't have an interview for the removal of conditions, you just have to send them papers proving that you are still married and have been since you first applied.
      In your case since you are getting a divorce it may be different.

Hope that helps.

Comment

It is probably best for you to obtain professional advice. I am an immigration attorney and can give you a free consultation at: http://www.us-immigration-visas.com Whatever you decide, good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X