Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview Notice

Hey everybody,

well after getting married and filing I-130 and I-485 and the I-765 I got my 765 approved and last week I got a letter that states that we have to appear for an INITIAL INTERVIEW regarding the I-485. What exactely are they doing at an initial interview cause as far as I know the formal Interview about the truthfullness of the marriage should be right before the second anniversary right?
    Any ideas what to expect?? In case this helps I'm supposed to bring the same papers I sent of with the I-485.

I appreciate every help and hints I can get.

Thanks
    KM

Hey everybody,

well after getting married and filing I-130 and I-485 and the I-765 I got my 765 approved and last week I got a letter that states that we have to appear for an INITIAL INTERVIEW regarding the I-485. What exactely are they doing at an initial interview cause as far as I know the formal Interview about the truthfullness of the marriage should be right before the second anniversary right?
    Any ideas what to expect?? In case this helps I'm supposed to bring the same papers I sent of with the I-485.

I appreciate every help and hints I can get.

Thanks
    KM

Comment

This is the interview. Some district offices process cases with lightning speed, others don't. You need to attend with your spouse bringing all the evidence you provided with the I-485 and more if you wish. Expect to be asked about your relationship, how you met, and any or all details the AO deems necessary to determine if the marriage is genuine.
      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Also, expect to be nervous, but also be very causual with you husband. They want to know what your relationship is like. No personal stuff (at least not at mine) was asked, just stuff about meeting (how we met) what he did for work, and once that topic was brought up it was like I wasn't in the room. Our interview lasted less than 30 minutes.

Comment

Working...
        X