Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illegal w/2 USA 2kids w/ a felony charge

My boyfriend has been in the US for about 4 years got introuble before we met. Has changed his life around but go into some trouble with the law, has changed his life around. He wants to take care of his felony charge but doesn't know how to go about it. It worries me to know that I can lose him anyday and if he turns himself in they will deport and I don't know when me and my 2 kids will be able to see him. We want to make things right and just live a normal life. Can someone help

My boyfriend has been in the US for about 4 years got introuble before we met. Has changed his life around but go into some trouble with the law, has changed his life around. He wants to take care of his felony charge but doesn't know how to go about it. It worries me to know that I can lose him anyday and if he turns himself in they will deport and I don't know when me and my 2 kids will be able to see him. We want to make things right and just live a normal life. Can someone help

Comment

This is one of those situations where you need to consult a good attorney with experience in criminal and immigration law.

Comment

I would have to agree with Old Man...felony charges, depending on what they are can become a nightmare for immigration purposes. You must check with a criminal attorney with knowledge of immigration as was previously stated, as it is, if he turns himself in they will send him to court, have him serve his time, then deport him...expecially in felony conviction. Consult an attorney immediately!

Comment

Hi K

you havent said if your boyfriend 's illegal status was from overstay or sneaked into country. Does he have gc , if so what stage is it at? Is he father to your children?

How long ago was felony charge.. etc

Comment

Nobody can help if he has felony conviction.
            Why did he commit felony anyway?
            I am one of the the least judgemental people on this board, but it strikes even me: why would someone immigrate to another country and COMMIT FELONY there?

Anyway,from what I know it is simple as that: Felony=no immigration benefits in US, no matter what.

Good luck,
            E.

Comment

I have a friend, who's friend married an illegal, waited for ever to file, then he got some kind of temp. visitor visa and then went home and came back illegal. He has commited several felonies. I can't stand either of them. I just learned that they got an interview for fingerprints and pysical. Will he be given GC? If so how did that happen? My hubby has NO criminal record and we are still waiting for our interview. We've been at the Immigration stuff for over 5 years, and have gotten no where. They just started and he has an interview? What is the law pertaining to multiple felonies on one, that is illegal to start with? Please say they CAN NOT get anything. This woman gets every kind of aid imaginable, has had their kids taken by DHR 4 times, and she thinks she knows everything, including that her hubby will get what they need.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation