Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting WAIVER-BASED I-751 SUCCESS STORIES!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting WAIVER-BASED I-751 SUCCESS STORIES!

"Pete
    Filing Date: 12/2/99
    Date of receipt: 1/12/00
    Based on: with interview

My story is a little bit different because I got divorced.

My ex-wife and I were going through the throws of divorce when were got the letter to appear for our interview. She said that she would go with me, but she would not lie. Luckily, we were not asked any questions where she had to lie. That was 1/98.

When the time came to apply for I751 (12/99), we were divorced and I had remarried. I stated this on the form and waited to hear how it would effect me. I received the standard "received...extended... contact after 12 months..." letter on 1/00. Then I waited...

On 7/00 I got the letter "inviting" me to an interview to have the conditions removed. I think it was the officer's first day on the job, because he didn't have a clue what he was doing. He asked why I didn't bring my (first) wife with me. My telling him that I was divorced was certainly news to him! He got very flustered and ended the interview! Said he would have to speak to his supervisor. I said I could wait, but he said, no, he would be in touch.

Fast forward now three and a half years. Every year I go back to INS to get a "top-up" I-551 stamp on my passport so I can travel overseas, but, no, they can not tell me the status of my case.

Three weeks ago I got a letter in the mail. To be honest, I had pretty much given up hope of ever hearing anything from INS. The letter asked me to go for another interview. The interview was today.

The lady that interviewed me was a witch! (at least at the begining) Sh asked a lot of questions that insinuated that I got married solely for the green card (which is not true) But I held firm, which I believe was what she wanted to see.

I was approved!!!

Now it is straight to N-400. I beat it's 3/5 year requirements by quite a few!"

"Name: Jacky
    Filed: Oct 2000
    With interview: Sept 2001

I had my I751 interview to remove conditional status on Sept 19/01 in Portland Or Ins office. I had applied under a waiver as I was divorced from US Cit spouse after 3 years of marriage. I received my 10 year green card in mail today (Dec 13/01)from Nebraska.

I mailed my application Oct 26/00, got receipt date of Nov 22/00. Got letter for interview appointment July 28 for interview date of Sept 19/01. I had to do an interview because of divorcing my USC spouse. I believe the interview is almost a certainity in those cases. I had no trouble has I had a bona fide marriage and had lots of documentation to show that. I have previously posted my timeline and experience with the application here.

Update: 12/01

I had my I751 interview to remove conditional status on Sept 19/01 in Portland Or Ins office. I had applied under a waiver as I was divorced from US Cit spouse after 3 years of marriage. I received my 10 year green card in mail today (Dec 13/01)from Nebraska.

I mailed my application Oct 26/00, got receipt date of Nov 22/00. Got letter for interview appointment July 28 for interview date of Sept 19/01. I had to do an interview because of divorcing my USC spouse. I believe the interview is almost a certainity in those cases. I had no trouble has I had a bona fide marriage and had lots of documentation to show that. I have previously posted my timeline and experience with the application here. Good Luck with your application.

I was divorced...I had my divorce decree... I didnt know I could file the I751 before the 2 year timeline if I was divorced. I may have divorced sooner. Its a catch 22...now being divorced I have to wait 5 years instead of 3 years for applying for citizenship....my ex would have gone along with the I751 even if we werent together (and not divorced) but I didnt want to lie to INS about the state of our marriage...so I get to wait out the 2 more years....but feel better about it...*s*"

SOURCE: http://www.kamya.com/intro/cprexpnsc.html

"Pete
    Filing Date: 12/2/99
    Date of receipt: 1/12/00
    Based on: with interview

My story is a little bit different because I got divorced.

My ex-wife and I were going through the throws of divorce when were got the letter to appear for our interview. She said that she would go with me, but she would not lie. Luckily, we were not asked any questions where she had to lie. That was 1/98.

When the time came to apply for I751 (12/99), we were divorced and I had remarried. I stated this on the form and waited to hear how it would effect me. I received the standard "received...extended... contact after 12 months..." letter on 1/00. Then I waited...

On 7/00 I got the letter "inviting" me to an interview to have the conditions removed. I think it was the officer's first day on the job, because he didn't have a clue what he was doing. He asked why I didn't bring my (first) wife with me. My telling him that I was divorced was certainly news to him! He got very flustered and ended the interview! Said he would have to speak to his supervisor. I said I could wait, but he said, no, he would be in touch.

Fast forward now three and a half years. Every year I go back to INS to get a "top-up" I-551 stamp on my passport so I can travel overseas, but, no, they can not tell me the status of my case.

Three weeks ago I got a letter in the mail. To be honest, I had pretty much given up hope of ever hearing anything from INS. The letter asked me to go for another interview. The interview was today.

The lady that interviewed me was a witch! (at least at the begining) Sh asked a lot of questions that insinuated that I got married solely for the green card (which is not true) But I held firm, which I believe was what she wanted to see.

I was approved!!!

Now it is straight to N-400. I beat it's 3/5 year requirements by quite a few!"

"Name: Jacky
    Filed: Oct 2000
    With interview: Sept 2001

I mailed my application Oct 26/00, got receipt date of Nov 22/00. Got letter for interview appointment July 28 for interview date of Sept 19/01. I had to do an interview because of divorcing my USC spouse. I believe the interview is almost a certainity in those cases. I had no trouble has I had a bona fide marriage and had lots of documentation to show that. I have previously posted my timeline and experience with the application here.

Update: 12/01

I mailed my application Oct 26/00, got receipt date of Nov 22/00. Got letter for interview appointment July 28 for interview date of Sept 19/01. I had to do an interview because of divorcing my USC spouse. I believe the interview is almost a certainity in those cases. I had no trouble has I had a bona fide marriage and had lots of documentation to show that. I have previously posted my timeline and experience with the application here. Good Luck with your application.

I was divorced...I had my divorce decree... I didnt know I could file the I751 before the 2 year timeline if I was divorced. I may have divorced sooner. Its a catch 22...now being divorced I have to wait 5 years instead of 3 years for applying for citizenship....my ex would have gone along with the I751 even if we werent together (and not divorced) but I didnt want to lie to INS about the state of our marriage...so I get to wait out the 2 more years....but feel better about it...*s*"

SOURCE: http://www.kamya.com/intro/cprexpnsc.html

Comment

Thanks Aguila .. u always bring useful info on this board as usual ...keep it up... Pasha

Comment

Aquila

This is really useful information for the the board readers. Thanks as you always take the time to share info. Soon your name will go into the credits there too.

Comment

Pasha & 4now:

I wonder why I did not find these cases before. I feel much better now knowing after reading these two people success.

I am much more confident that I will prevail and be in GOD's will a full permanent resident.

Comment

Aguilla,

Always good to see your posts. Keep it up buddy.

Comment

It's sad to see how people can violate our laws and get away with it and then boast about it

Comment

Michael:

What law have these people violated???? THE LAW CLEARLY STATES that if an alien proves that entered into the marriage in good faith he/she is entitled to have the conditional status of his/her residence removed!

Comment

Oh Saint Michael, Most High Holy Moron, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Do I have to go dig up the thread about your 17 year old girlfriend, you SNAKE? You absolutely disgust me, you TROLL.

You couldn't get a woman unless you clubbed her over the head and dragged her back to your cave. CARROT TOP is cuter than YOU, you fat slob.

Can't you even comprehend English? Nobody broke any laws, you idiot!
                  Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Aguila,

I want to share this info on board and with u .... This is a part I copy and paste ...visit these links ... there r several useful links over there

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm...oving_cond.htm

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm...eal-denial.htm

How Can I Appeal?

If your application to remove the conditions on your permanent residence is denied, you will receive a letter that will tell you why the application was denied. The process to remove you from the country will begin as soon as your application is denied. You will be allowed to have an immigration judge review the denial of your application during removal proceedings. During this review, USCIS must prove that the facts on your application were untruthful and that your application was properly denied. If the immigration judge decides to remove you from the country, you may appeal this decision.

Generally, you may appeal within 33 days after the immigration judge decides to remove you from the country. After your appeal form and a required fee are processed, the appeal will be referred to the Board of Immigration Appeals in Washington, D.C. For more information, see Appealing the Denial of My Petition or Application.

If your petition or application is denied or revoked by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), that decision may, in most cases, be appealed to a higher authority for review. In immigration proceedings, the appellate review authority is divided between two separate organizations within the Department of Justice: the Administrative Appeals Unit (AAU), under the jurisdiction of the USCIS (formerly INS), and the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), under the jurisdiction of the Executive Office of Immigration Review.
                    If your petition or application is denied or revoked, you should carefully review the written decision that is issued by the USCIS. The notice will inform you of the reasons for the decision, notify you of the proper appellate jurisdiction and the applicable deadlines, and provide you with the correct USCIS form to file an appeal.
                    For more information on the procedures for the two appellate authorities, please see one of the following:
                    "¢ Administrative Appeals Unit
                    "¢ Executive Office of Immigration Review - Board of Immigration Appeals Website

Comment

sorry same reply ...

Comment

Working...
                      X