Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Quesiton: Reenter permit

Hi, can you help me answer my question? I lived in the states with my family and 2 kids from june 11 '95(I entered with a tourist visa) to may 27 '05. I always paid taxes for those 10 years. They deported me using this 237(A)1(B) law. Only I got arrested and deported; after this my entire family came after me. 2 years ago my daugther went out legally and got married and has been a green card holder for more than 1 year. My question is, can I cancel my deportation, reopen my case and apply for green card or do I need to wait for my ten year penalty (7 years have already passed) to expire or could I just simply be able to go visit (apply for reentry permit)? Or should I give in some kind of application when my daugther is a citizen?
    Thank you very much and im waiting for your answer.

Hi, can you help me answer my question? I lived in the states with my family and 2 kids from june 11 '95(I entered with a tourist visa) to may 27 '05. I always paid taxes for those 10 years. They deported me using this 237(A)1(B) law. Only I got arrested and deported; after this my entire family came after me. 2 years ago my daugther went out legally and got married and has been a green card holder for more than 1 year. My question is, can I cancel my deportation, reopen my case and apply for green card or do I need to wait for my ten year penalty (7 years have already passed) to expire or could I just simply be able to go visit (apply for reentry permit)? Or should I give in some kind of application when my daugther is a citizen?
    Thank you very much and im waiting for your answer.

Comment

Your daughter can not sponsor you until she becomes a US Citizen.

It is unlikely you would be approved for a tourist visa and there is no re-entry permit in your case.
      The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

I would like to suggest you that,you should take an advice from visa lawyer or expert immediately in this case.He will suggest you the best option for you.

Good Luck!!!

canada visa

Comment

237(A)(B) has broad application and one who is deportable may fall under it.

Read the experts advise here: http://www.justanswer.com/immi...s-matter-person.html
          [IMG:left]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_71xng3bfgYI/TTr2VioHvHI/AAAAAAAAAF8/S3D_j5sPwTo/s1600/62846660_Dali.jpg[/IMG] [i]When Andre Breton discovered for himself my paintings, he was clearly shocked by excremental details polluting it. I was surprised.

Comment

The time limit for reopening the original case is long past.
            The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

I just read somewhere that if you have an US relative who is a permanent resident or US citizen and have spent 10 years in state with good moral character, you can apply for a green card, but I think only if still in the states(before deportation). So what about my situation, outside of the US?

Comment

You can ,under specific circumstances, file motion to reopen your case if you have statutory grounds to do so [even if you are outside the country after deportation].

You should contact an expert in the field who
                regularly deals with MTR.

Rules governing MTR are stringent past the deadline, you can file only one MTR and there
                is no appeal of the decision.

Generally speaking MTR can be filed and approved
                at any length of time after case is closed, however there are very strict guidelines and
                limitations on such MTR's.

You MUST consult a practicing immigration attorney to get answer to your question.
                This is a public forum and most posters here
                are not familiar with complex regulations and laws of INA and give only hunch or 'gut feeling' based advises, with very vague understanding of INA/CFR and existing case precedents.

Good luck.
                [IMG:left]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_71xng3bfgYI/TTr2VioHvHI/AAAAAAAAAF8/S3D_j5sPwTo/s1600/62846660_Dali.jpg[/IMG] [i]When Andre Breton discovered for himself my paintings, he was clearly shocked by excremental details polluting it. I was surprised.

Comment

Ok thank you very much guys; for all your help

Comment

You are welcome, Laz.

If you need legal advise you should contact an immigration attorney.

We don't know all circumstances of your case and couldn't possibly make an educated guess , even if we knew all existing statutes. On top of it we are not immigration lawyers and we don't know many laws/codes, case precedents
                    which are too complex for any layman to know and remember.

It is a bad idea to create the forums as means of helping people in need of immigration help.

I constantly visit numerous forums (ilw is the one where I also post my opinion) and see how greatly misleading information is being disseminated on this type of public forums. People are advised to do things that are obviously wrong or suggestions made based on assumptions that may not be applicable to an individual asking for a help.

I can't imagine how greatly must suffer all those who are too greedy or naive enough to rely on such advisory boards instead of researching the existing laws and asking, when necessary, an expert advise specific to their circumstances.

Good luck and see an attorney for legal help.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation