CR-1 travel question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CR-1 travel question

Can a spouse with a CR-1 visa leave and reenter the country without Advanced Parole?

Can a spouse with a CR-1 visa leave and reenter the country without Advanced Parole?

Comment

A CR-1 should never have advance parole.

A CR-1 is the immigrant class for spouse (married less than two years) of a USC granted through the Consul. A CR-1 should have a visa for single entry into the US. When they get here, the visa should be canceled and they should get an I-551 stamp, proof of resident status. They should then get a "green card" valid for two years. After two years, they should file an I-751 to remove the conditional status and get a 10 year card.

CR-1 can travel with a valid passport with valid I-551 stamp, or a valid "green card", or an expired 2 year card and the extension notice, I-797 receipt of the I-751.

CR-6 applies for AOS. While AOS is pending, CR-6 needs advance parole. A CR-6 who leaves the US w/o AP becomes a CR-1 and starts all over through the Consul. By that point they will probably be married over two years and become an IR-1.

Comment

hi there...

old man is 100 % right.... i did DCF and came here on CR-1 visa... i got I 551 stamp right a way on airport that was valid for travel and work ....

so there is no need to get AP at all.... Good luck...

Comment

Working...
        X