h1 canada/us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1 canada/us

i understand that with an h1 you have to wait in your country-canada in my case-while your fiancee files in the us....for a couple of months until someone comes to see you? is this correct?

can i file from within the us and stay with my fiancee?

also, can you do a tn and file an h1 while with tn status? they kind of defeat each others purposes right? tn relies on you being temporary without intent of staying?

the truth is, i want to be a money making productive us immigrant...but i am also engaged....to be married.....to a usc.

i am alsmost understanding all this code lingo!!!!

thanks.

i understand that with an h1 you have to wait in your country-canada in my case-while your fiancee files in the us....for a couple of months until someone comes to see you? is this correct?

can i file from within the us and stay with my fiancee?

also, can you do a tn and file an h1 while with tn status? they kind of defeat each others purposes right? tn relies on you being temporary without intent of staying?

the truth is, i want to be a money making productive us immigrant...but i am also engaged....to be married.....to a usc.

i am alsmost understanding all this code lingo!!!!

thanks.

Comment

Do you mean K1? H-1B is a work visa, much like the TN. However, H-1B has dual intent while TN does not.

K1 is the fiance visa- and for that you have to wait in Canada. That's going to take more than a "couple of months."

Comment

yes sorry the k1. and you do have to wait in canada?

Comment

Hi J2,

You have to wait in Canada if your fiance files a K1 for you. The wait time varies. It took almost a year for my sister-in-law, but I believe they had paperwork that needed to be resubmitted. Your wait time could be less than that.

Comment

Working...
          X