id and visa check on buses and trolleys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• id and visa check on buses and trolleys

hi did u hear about the news about immigration officers checking on ids and visas of passengers of trolley..here in san diego.. what do you think about it? there were news of deportation of some intl students and harrasments..

hi did u hear about the news about immigration officers checking on ids and visas of passengers of trolley..here in san diego.. what do you think about it? there were news of deportation of some intl students and harrasments..

Comment

good.

-= nav =-

Comment

news? is it actually news or some unsubstantiated rumors?

There is a pilot program planned for Atlanta on detention and immediate deportation of illegal aliens, but it hasn't started yet.

Comment

It's about time

Comment

Where can I read more about the pilot prgram in atlanta

Comment

i read it on a school paper..and it was in the tv news too..and the radio just this week. even if you have the ca. id..but u dont have the proper documents..u could be arrested.. the first question they will ask is what is your citizenship? if not american..then they gonna look for proper documents..which sometimes..some people do not carry with them.

Comment

http://www.immigration.com/newslette...galaliens.html

Comment

Originally posted by CALGRL25:
                  i read it on a school paper..and it was in the tv news too..and the radio just this week. even if you have the ca. id..but u dont have the proper documents..u could be arrested.. the first question they will ask is what is your citizenship? if not american..then they gonna look for proper documents..which sometimes..some people do not carry with them.
                  So they nailed you immediately with pretending to be a USC if you say yes. Not bad, but I wonder how many LPR and legal alien bring proper documents anyway?

Comment

you're supposed to carry your immigration documents, or at LEAST a photocopy of it everywhere you go.

If you can carry your credit card and your driver's license eveyr time you leave your house -- why not a photocopy fo your I-94???

-= nav =-

Comment

now, that's just silly. I have been an F-1 student for 10 years, and I only carry a driver's license with me. And credit cards. Why would anyone carry a copy of anything else with them while going grocery shopping or to school?

Comment

I wish they would fingerprint every single person taking a plane, train, bus or trolley. They should replace ID's and credit cards with fingerprint checks. Instead of scanning a metrocard, a NYC subway rider just has to use his fingerprint and the fare would be automatically deducted from his account. Anyone on a terrorist, criminal, contagious disease or fugitive list would be immediately deported. Convicted criminals, illegals and other threats should not be allowed to be on planes. This would eliminate terrorism by 99 %, crime by at least 50 % and teh spread of contagious diseases by 75 %. The cost savingss through more efficient operations alone would pay off the cost of the program, not to mention the billions lost annually through crime and the incalcuable billions lost through terrorism.

Comment

>Why would anyone carry a copy of anything else >with them while going grocery shopping or to >school?

Because it's the law, miss "studying for 10 years" you.

-= nav =-

Comment

moondin, it's Mrs. Well-educated Mrs. at that -- undergrad + grad school amount to my 10 years as an F-1 student. Plus the time between the degrees.

Well, not everybody is here illegally, some of us do maintain our legal, although a non-immigrant student status.

And in my 10 years I only needed my passport with my I-94 once: when I was crossing the Mexico-US border after a day's visit to Mexico.

U.S. Citizens don't carry passport with them all the time. My hubby carries his Driver's License with him, and nobody would even dream of asking him whether he is or is not a U.S. citizen. Or ask for his passport, which he doesn't even have. He wouldn't carry his Naturalization certificate with him - right? And he can't make a copy of it, that's the law.

So, how would a regular American citizen prove that he is in fact a citizen, while taking a bus to go grocery shopping?????

Comment

>So, how would a regular American citizen prove >that he is in fact a citizen, while taking a >bus to go grocery shopping?????

They don't have to. But the penalties are STEEP if you FALSELY claim to be a USC. That usually serves as a pretty good deterrent for aliens trying to pass them off as usc's.

-= nav =-

Comment

Working...
                              X