Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Immediate relative petition for parent of USC.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immediate relative petition for parent of USC.

My question is "does the benificiary of an immediate relative petition of a USC has any derivative benificiaries with the principal benificiary?" i.e. can a parent of USC who is a benificiary of I-130 bring his or her children with him/her as immigrants?

Someone please respond.
    Thanks

Comment

First let's get some terminology straight. Parents of a US citizen are immediate relatives. Siblings are considered principal beneficiaries and are petitioned through the "family preference" system.

A principal beneficiary can immigrate with his or her spouse and unmarried children under 21. These family members are known as "derivative beneficiaries" and can immigrate without a separate petition filed on their behalf, but immediate relatives cannot immigrate with spouses and minor children unless a separate relative petition is filed on their behalf.
      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Thanks a lot for replying. It means that a parent of USC can not take his family with him on the same petition, right?
        And what about brothers ans sisters of USC?

Thanks in advance for replying.

Comment

Brothers & sisters of USC are siblings.
          The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Working...
          X